Facelift AUDI MMI Sound volume differences...

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Wanted to know if this is happening to you too...

My MMI volume when playing from the iPhone via usb cable sometimes gets about 50% lower (very low) in volume than SD card playing the same file on each device also I notice the FF or RW buttons on the steering wheel stop working, I can only skip songs now. If I just mess around with the system it goes back to normal... So is there an update maybe for this? Has anyone noticed this issue? I have sat-nav and VC.

Also another thing... Radio, SD and USB (playing on iPhone) inputs seem to have different volume, Radio is very loud, SD is ok and USB is about 20% lower than SD, is this normal as well? Mind you like in the paragraph above sometimes its extremely noticeable SD vs USB iPhone volume and the rest of the time is 20% lower...

Any info on this?

I have a PFL, radio volume above 5 is LOUD! Lightning MMI cable 8 is about the same volume as the radios 5, Bluetooth level needs to be 16 to be the same as the radio. Don't use SD because most of my tunes are FLAC, and the MMI doesn't recognise that.
I usually have my music streaming via BT, when the wife jumps in she wants the radio, I have to be quick dialling the volume down or else it's going to be an icy atmosphere drive!

On my PFL when you play back media and you select settings, you can increase / decrease the volume of that particular source. You can increase the volume on your iPhone when connected via Bluetooth.

My PFL unit plays flac on SD without issue (MY16 S3).

On my PFL when you play back media and you select settings, you can increase / decrease the volume of that particular source. You can increase the volume on your iPhone when connected via Bluetooth.

My PFL unit plays flac on SD without issue (MY16 S3).

Iphone BT is at 90%, no settings for me, but I'm a MY15 no Nav and does not accept flac at all on SD.

I thought the input gain was only available in Bluetooth?