Retrofit -upgrade check list

Best get some spare door card clips aswell , as you will need some.
and be very careful when removing door mirror glass, it either comes off as planned or doesn't, and that more expense.

Reactions: swisstony and norad97
Yes, they are very hard to find now as most have either been used for the mod or scrapped with the car.
Di you no how to fit everything when you get all the parts?
ha ha that was going to be my next question but I feel I have burdened you enough with my constant questions so when they arrive I shall work it out I am sure, I imagine that there are videos on taking the door card off which I need to do for the arm rest switch mechanism anyway and then sure there will also be something on the wing mirror itself. as you say plug and play , fingers crossed

and be very careful when removing door mirror glass, it either comes off as planned or doesn't, and that more expense.
good call. Have done a similar thing on the porsche cayenne which seemed to need new door card clips everytime you went anywhere near it !

They just snap if you look at them the wrong way..lol

They just snap if you look at them the wrong way..lol
these ones
Screenshot 2022 10 07 at 201713

ha ha that was going to be my next question but I feel I have burdened you enough with my constant questions so when they arrive I shall work it out I am sure, I imagine that there are videos on taking the door card off which I need to do for the arm rest switch mechanism anyway and then sure there will also be something on the wing mirror itself. as you say plug and play , fingers crossed
I have a pair from an Exeo too that i never fitted, but i may need them shortly otherwise id sell you mine.

I have a pair from an Exeo too that i never fitted, but i may need them shortly otherwise id sell you mine.
Now you tell me !!!! no worries but I shall keep that comment in mind and if my ones fail I shall be banging on your door :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I have a few projects in the pipeline that may require them, but keep them mind. :icon thumright:

Yes there are videos on line, the trickiest part for me was getting the loom out from inside the door when removing your existing mirrors,
getting to the inside top of the door to release the loom is a right bitch, its has clips and loom is taped to them, you have to cut the tape with you hand up inside the door.

Reactions: swisstony and Charlie Farley
What I did before taking of my old mirrors was to remove the door cards, fit new drivers console, change door modules, plug in folding mirrors
and test before you take out your old mirrors, that way you no it works before stripping out.
You can lay the folding mirrors on the floor to test, dont swap the mirror caps until it's all fitted and working,

As Richard says, it can be a challenge with the loom , especially if you have hands the size of small boats as i do..

What I did before taking of my old mirrors was to remove the door cards, fit new drivers console, change door modules, plug in folding mirrors
and test before you take out your old mirrors, that way you no it works before stripping out.
You can lay the folding mirrors on the floor to test, dont swap the mirror caps until it's all fitted and working,
Yep, top tip indeedy :icon thumright:

As Richard says, it can be a challenge with the loom , especially if you have hands the size of small boats as i do..
True, my wife and I , when working on our cars, always lament the size of our hands and think investing in some small child to crawl under the car/use their small hands to help would be a wonderful idea but then realise we may get done for child exploitation :)

Top tip there and one thing I will be doing , as you say nothing worse that going to all that effort only to find out something does not work.

I have one question re the items needed to do this job. So far I have the two door modules , the folding mirrors themselves but it is the door switch I am getting stuck on. On my S line it has the four window switches and then the mirror adjustment switch at the top. So am I trying to find a switch to replace that one ( for folding mirrors) and does that switch do both folding action and mirror adjustment
Screenshot 2022 10 12 at 115552

or do I need this kind of switch that has the extra light/function bit at the bottom ?
Screenshot 2022 10 12 at 115527

and if so does that mean I have to find the correct door switch housing unit for RHD vehicles that replaces the one I have as that does not have that hole
A little confused here

thanks

You would be better off finding a complete replacement drivers console from a Seat Exeo that has the folding mirror switch
and had everything you need, that's what I did, as they are not as old as B7 ones so less wear.

You would be better off finding a complete replacement drivers console from a Seat Exeo that has the folding mirror switch
and had everything you need, that's what I did, as they are not as old as B7 ones so less wear.
or even better you tell me where you live and I come around with my tools and ' borrow' yours :)

the only one I can find is this one . zooming in I am not sure that is correct, happy to be wrong
Screenshot 2022 10 12 at 123619

Hi, it is correct but it looks very scratched arround the mirror switch, is it from a Seat Exeo?

That tired-looking assembly could be made to look like this very easily.

Can't remember off hand but it does have that sort of texture, i'll look back to see what it was.

Its funny how the wish list goes from fairly large to tiny once you figure in the time, effort, cost etc
Led rear light cluster
B6 folding cigarette lighter

Heated fan washer jets
S4 brakes
Electric folding mirror
s
Folding rear seats

I like to think of it more as a case of wallet management.:icon thumright:

Reactions: swisstony
Finally got all the components to do the power folding mirrors . It was a ******* of a job to be honest as the hardest part was changing the mirror covers and that routing of the mirror cable out and then back in was really hard. Those little clips it is secured on are a pain to release .
Need a small child’s hand to get to them !!

For the passenger side managed to get it all in and then it started raining so had to halt for a while . Then two of the small screws snapped that held the bottom plastic cover on the mirror so had to drill and retap them .
Then tackled the drivers side and that went quicker as I now knew what I was doing (ish)

Finally all buttoned up and tested

90366d9d272baf780a9c905e53b569c2.jpg

And they work !!!!

d98b2496fde6c142e8baa31cad59e3f3.jpg

I can’t seem to upload a video from my phone but will do it later
Thanks to everyone for your advice and in tracking down the correct parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley and NM07
Finally got all the components to do the power folding mirrors . It was a ******* of a job to be honest as the hardest part was changing the mirror covers and that routing of the mirror cable out and then back in was really hard. Those little clips it is secured on are a pain to release .

For the passenger side managed to get it all in and then it started raining so had to halt for a while . Then two of the small screws snapped that held the bottom plastic cover on the mirror so had to drill and retap them .
Then tackled the drivers side and that went quicker as I now knew what I was doing (ish)

And they work !!!!

Nice to see it all done, and yes the mirror covers are a real pain to change over the first time around, it gets easier 2nd or 3rd time but then most owners never touch them after the first go.
Personally going S4 satin silver covers would have been a nice contrast, but it's our old friend's "personal choice " again so whatever works for you.:icon thumright:

good stuff chap.:yahoo:

And they work !!!!

what was the total cost for all the parts ?

I think all in it was £190 including the mirrors the two door modules and the door card to get the switches

Plus £2000 for my labour :)

I think all in it was £190 including the mirrors the two door modules and the door card to get the switches

Plus £2000 for my labour :)

Glad to see you got them working, there nice to have, just a shame they dont fold with the key fob.

That is ok I am not too fussed about the remote . I have seen people try but I think that is on the 8.5

Glad to see you got them working, there nice to have, just a shame they dont fold with the key fob.
Now you mention it, I have seen someone do it via the key fob using a relay so might explore that. Watch this space but it does involve a relay and some wiring so as I am a complete numptie when it comes to electrical fully expect there to be a big bang and puff of smoke :)

This must be a first , but none of those clips broke this time round !! Though I did discover that the door cards have been off before and whoever tried to fit them back did not have those clips and instead used some bog standard tree trim clips...mmm bodge job

Now you mention it, I have seen someone do it via the key fob using a relay so might explore that. Watch this space but it does involve a relay and some wiring so as I am a complete numptie when it comes to electrical fully expect there to be a big bang and puff of smoke :)
It has been done with third party device but not easy and can be problematic.