Clicking from left or right while turning

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I noticed a noise this morning.

when pulling out of a junction either left or right i can hear a clicking noise as i pull off. the noise speeds up as i accelerate and dissapearas when i straighten up. doesnt seem to do it while driving it seems to be when i turn the wheel a fair way which you dont tend to do while moving fast.

the best way to describe the noise is a bit like when you rammed some pleggy down your breaks on your bmx when you was a kid so you sounded like a motorbike ;)

although its very nostalgic id like to get rid :)

ta dudes

CV joint more than likely - put your wheels on full lock and check the boot at the end of the driveshaft - chances are its split or came off.

Can be regreased and sealed although if its been off for more than a few days probably best to replace the driveshaft

sounds like a CV joint to me and will need replacing mate. not sure on the cost but they not been expenisve in the past on my other cars.

thanks dudes,

i did have the CV boot thingys done at last service. bout 1500 miles ago.

is that the same thing?

i have had a look and the plastic thingy (i guess boot) has come off where the drive shaft meets the wheel

Same thing bud, more than likely the boot was repacked and fastened to the end - but the clips are crap and come off if not fastened really tightly. Its not too dangerous as long as you dont leave it like that for months