Different dash between spec

Rick_RS4

Reaction score
On my dash it's pretty poor with the layouts compared to the 8v only 2 circular displays , big or small clocks , can I not have the bar tacho like the old quattros , here it's on a vorsprung edition,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-164537_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-164537_Instagram.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 147
You need cockpit plus.
edition 1 or vorsprung . Not sport or s-line

Oh I have the non vorsprung s3
See if you'd got a 1.5 Edition 1 you would have got the Cockpit Plus with Dynamic Option but like me because you bought the sportier S3 you can have the smaller cockpit without the dynamic option because you wouldn't want that on the 300 horse power car only the 150 - Honestly I really don't understand what goes through Audi's mind when then they spec their cars!!

Reactions: Jason1987
See if you'd got a 1.5 Edition 1 you would have got the Cockpit Plus with Dynamic Option but like me because you bought the sportier S3 you can have the smaller cockpit without the dynamic option because you wouldn't want that on the 300 horse power car only the 150 - Honestly I really don't understand what goes through Audi's mind when then they spec their cars!!
It's because the Edition 1 is a range topping car, when you buy an S3 in base spec, you're buying the engine and lacking the gadgets

It's because the Edition 1 is a range topping car, when you buy an S3 in base spec, you're buying the engine and lacking the gadgets
Shouldn't be like that though - Why would you want the dynamic dash on the 1.5 - The S3 should have the larger cockpit as standard especially for the price and the fact you can't even upgrade to it is beyond belief - Audi have really changed over the 17 years I've owned them I can tell you and not for the good - Lots of penny pinching like S on the seats and not S3 anymore

Shouldn't be like that though - Why would you want the dynamic dash on the 1.5 - The S3 should have the larger cockpit as standard especially for the price and the fact you can't even upgrade to it is beyond belief - Audi have really changed over the 17 years I've owned them I can tell you and not for the good - Lots of penny pinching like S on the seats and not S3 anymore
Why wouldn’t you! You’re sounding a bit like an engine snob to me. The engine has nothing to do with the gadgets and gizmos inside the car. If you wanted the dynamic dash you could have done your homework first and gone for the Vorsprung S3.

Why wouldn’t you! You’re sounding a bit like an engine snob to me. The engine has nothing to do with the gadgets and gizmos inside the car. If you wanted the dynamic dash you could have done your homework first and gone for the Vorsprung S3.
Little unnecessary with your comments there and I don't see how you think you're entitled to say that actually- I was just pointing out that the cockpit plus should be standard especially with the higher powered engine

And yes the engine has nothing to do with the gadgets, but the S3 used to be in addition to the S-Line spec so was already high specced before the Edition 1 models ever came about

And for your information I did do my homework and was well aware of the fact it was on the S3 Vorsprung, I wasn't prepared to pay another £7,000 for the privilege of getting something that should be standard

But why does a higher powered car entitle you to the better cockpit? Car specs usually follow 2 routes. The luxury route and then the performance route. I’ve gone down the luxury route with the ed1 which gives me a few more toys including the cockpit. Just because your car does 0-60 faster than mine does not make you more entitled!

But why does a higher powered car entitle you to the better cockpit? Car specs usually follow 2 routes. The luxury route and then the performance route. I’ve gone down the luxury route with the ed1 which gives me a few more toys including the cockpit. Just because your car does 0-60 faster than mine does not make you more entitled!
I never said I was entitled and I don’t know why you keep banging on about it to the point that you’ve really annoyed me today and I’m fairly chilled and have had messages with you before and you’ve been fine but all of a sudden you’ve become really quite pompous- if you’ve got nothing to say other than insults just don’t bother

I’m as chilled as they come which most people on this site hopefully would testify to. Looks like we both have different opinions on this subject so if you want to leave it at that then I am quite prepared too and have some better banter in the future!

Reactions: krisdeb
I’m as chilled as they come which most people on this site hopefully would testify to. Looks like we both have different opinions on this subject so if you want to leave it at that then I am quite prepared too and have some better banter in the future!
Well I’ve always found you chilled in the past and good to message so yes we have different options this time and I’m also happy to leave it and have better times all the best

Reactions: krisdeb
On my dash it's pretty poor with the layouts compared to the 8v only 2 circular displays , big or small clocks , can I not have the bar tacho like the old quattros , here it's on a vorsprung edition,
I factory reset my Vorsprung and got the bar tacho and I thought I'd broken it.