S3 Spec

mad murph

Reaction score
I’m looking at an S3 saloon as possibly next car and just had a question with regards to the spec.
Does the S3 come with a flat bottomed steering wheel?
The website shows a picture of a flat bottomed one but all the pics I’ve seen online of cars they are round.
And can you get a heated steering wheel?

Thanks

As far as I know it's no longer a flat bottomed steering wheel. My current S3 Black Edition had it, but I'm not expecting one on my S3 Vorsprung I've just ordered. No option for a heated one either in afraid

If you order an S3 after the new pricelist came in (04 April 2023), the steering wheel will be flat and unheated. I just got a new S3 last week, and although it has a flat bottomed steering wheel, I'm pretty sure it's not heated (still trying to find some of the less obvious settings).

Standard S3 has a Flat Bottom Steering Wheel unless you order the driver assistance pack and then it has to be changed - Vorsprungs have all the assistance packs as standard so no flat wheel

Don't think heated option is available on the A3/S3 range

Reactions: tonyp03
Thr salesman who handed my new S3 over last week said that all S3s ordered after April 4th on the new pricelist will come with no flat-bottomed steering wheel. The main pics on the Aidi website (pics 1 to 8) still show a flat bottomed steering wheel, but in the configurator it is showing as a £0.00 option to select multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift (there is no other choice, so not sure why they include it as an option). However,the pic for that is of a round bottomed steering wheel with red stitching. Not entirely clear what you'll get, but if my salesman is to be believed, there'll be no flat bottomed steering wheels for new orders.

Thr salesman who handed my new S3 over last week said that all S3s ordered after April 4th on the new pricelist will come with no flat-bottomed steering wheel. The main pics on the Aidi website (pics 1 to 8) still show a flat bottomed steering wheel, but in the configurator it is showing as a £0.00 option to select multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift (there is no other choice, so not sure why they include it as an option). However,the pic for that is of a round bottomed steering wheel with red stitching. Not entirely clear what you'll get, but if my salesman is to be believed, there'll be no flat bottomed steering wheels for new orders.
Strange the S3 Black Edition states Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel - Salesman can be strange people sometimes and don't always seem to know their product or the people who write the specs are just useless

Strange the S3 Black Edition states Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel - Salesman can be strange people sometimes and don't always seem to know their product or the people who write the specs are just useless
That's certainly true - he didn't know my S3 wouldn't have any wiring for puddle lights/Audi beams when he offered to get the Audi beams from the glovebox fitted (including cutting holes in the door card) before I left with the car - if it hadn't been a fair drive back at the end of a long day, (train cancellations to get there) I might've let him!

The £0.00 option for that steering wheel in the configurator which offers nothing beyond current spec seems to indicate you would be getting a round bottomed one for new orders - probably best to keep that box unticked.

Thank you all for the replies.
If I assume I'm would get a round bottomed wheel then anything else is a bonus (in my eyes anyway as I know the flat bottomed wheels are not for everyone)

Find it a bit strange that a marque like Audi don't offer heated steering wheels in their whole range though. You can get them on most cars these days.

Thank you all for the replies.
If I assume I'm would get a round bottomed wheel then anything else is a bonus (in my eyes anyway as I know the flat bottomed wheels are not for everyone)

Find it a bit strange that a marque like Audi don't offer heated steering wheels in their whole range though. You can get them on most cars these days.
Especially as the Cupra Leon has a heated steering wheel - Same brand!

To be honest Audi will start charging to have a steering wheel soon the way it's going

Especially as the Cupra Leon has a heated steering wheel - Same brand!

To be honest Audi will start charging to have a steering wheel soon the way it's going
Our Cupra Born has a heated steering wheel, and fitted puddle/beam lights with the Cupra logo. I just have half of a kit to fit them!