BRD 2.0 TDI DPF EGR Removal

hi, i just noticed myself, some maps makes no sense, and it's because this number
Untitled

If this number in PPD MAPS, when you are creating the XDF file is not the same as the one of your ECU OBD READ, some maps will just make no sense, and would look like this.

Reactions: tr7
Yes, good to know I'm not going mad. It doesn't make sense

What do you think the issue is?

a) the XDF isnt the right one for my ECU?
b) ECU read isn't right?

May be a simple fix, but this is partly why I'd be tempted to buy an MPPS and follow the same process you have successfully done already

That's a shame as my ECU has the same part number as yours from also a BRD car -

ECU: 03G 906 018 AQ

Know of any good sources online for XDF's?
Or is there anyone or service to generate them you know of?

I'd definitely recommend not doing what this chap has done with the coolant pipes though. Not only has he just looped it, leaving in loads of unnecessary pipework that looks ugly and basically sits up against the hot side of the turbo, but he's put a 90 degree joiner in which will reduce flow significantly :wtf:

View attachment 257173

If you do it properly, you'd never even know a pipe went there in the first place, like mine

img_4895-jpeg.257167

Do you have any guide on this? I am looking to fit the darkside EGR kit and i thought the only way to leave the coolant pipework intact would be loop it. Surely the coolant loops on itself inside the EGR cooler anyways? So i wouldn't have thought it would make a difference.

Also any idea how to get the damn EGR pipe off? I hear there are two screws and a bracket behind the engine... how would one get their nimble fingers in there?

Cheers!

the easiest way to remove the pipe, it's to remove the tandem pump and the coolant flange, few screws and it will make your life to much easier, also one of the egr pipe it's the same as the coolant flange, i mean it's a long bolt holding the pipe and the coolant flange at the same time. also i think, but i don't remember for sure, there is a bolt holding the egr pipe and the turbo oil line together. You will lose some coolant if you remove the flange, but trust me it's very easy with tandem pump and flange removed.

the easiest way to remove the pipe, it's to remove the tandem pump and the coolant flange, few screws and it will make your life to much easier, also one of the egr pipe it's the same as the coolant flange, i mean it's a long bolt holding the pipe and the coolant flange at the same time. also i think, but i don't remember for sure, there is a bolt holding the egr pipe and the turbo oil line together. You will lose some coolant if you remove the flange, but trust me it's very easy with tandem pump and flange removed.
thanks for that! are there any gaskets to be replaced on the tandem pump?

there is a big metal gasket behind the pump, if it leaks replace it, if it doesnt, keep it, i didn't replace on mine

I'd definitely recommend not doing what this chap has done with the coolant pipes though. Not only has he just looped it, leaving in loads of unnecessary pipework that looks ugly and basically sits up against the hot side of the turbo, but he's put a 90 degree joiner in which will reduce flow significantly :wtf:

View attachment 257173

If you do it properly, you'd never even know a pipe went there in the first place, like mine

img_4895-jpeg.257167
Hi, I'm in the middle of doing egr and cooler delete.
I can't figure out what have you done with your coolant pipes and I want to do it that way too. :D
Would you be able to explain for a simple person like me how it's done? Only thing I can come up is to loop longer pipe back where the shorter one came from.