Cold air feed-A3 T Sport..

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys i have some piping to use for a cold air feed with my BMC airbox on my A3.

Is it worth going to the hassle of removing the audi cold air feed or is it fine as it is?

Jason

It's pretty much pointless to be honest mate. I'd save time and effort n leave it as is.

Same here... the air that get sucked in from the filter goes via the intercooler before entering the motor anyway...

Not true!!!!

The air entering the filter goes DIRECTLY into the turbo intake, then gets spun around very fast etc, mixes with air from exhaust manifold, all that jazz, into intercooler and then into the inlet manifold.

So what benifts do you get from a cold air feed?

Is it worth the hassle as its not a 2 minute job??

J..

Basically, a cold air feed means the air going into the system is colder, thus coming out the other end its colder too.

Colder air is more dense and aids combustion. Better combustion means more power and less ignition timing changes.

It won't make 'much' of a difference, like 1-3Bhp, so enough for it to be down to Dyno % error, but it does make a fancy noise.

Cold air feeds are more noticable in a N/A engine.

Ok thanks for the explanation mate.

Any-one tried this on an A3 before?

You basically take the front wheel off and inside the wheel arch you take the lining out and its in there isnt it?

Jason

Yeah, I did it on mine:

exposeduk5.jpg