Cold Air Feed ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting something like this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-76MM-COLD-AIR-FEED-INDUCTION-TRUMPET-CONE-KIT-BLUE-/190435943033?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c56dde279

to use as a cold air feed to the filter but I've got a couple of questions (as always...lol)

1. the only way I'm going to get it to fit down the side of the battery is to remove the original feed.

Is it just held on by this one bolt:

img2011082800314edit.jpg

2. How do you guys get the hose past all these cables:

img2011082800315.jpg

i didn't feed it down past the light... was too tight for the 4" ducting I was using... can be done by all accounts though...

20091001_CRW_3799.jpg

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate.

I cant work out where the hose is coming out of in that pic :(

Just in front of the headlight... headlight was removed at that point...

<tuffty/>

Just in front of the headlight... headlight was removed at that point...

<tuffty/>

So does it sit about here:

img2011082800308editedi.jpg

Also is it just that one bolt/nut that's holding the original feed on ?

So does it sit about here:

img2011082800308editedi.jpg

Also is it just that one bolt/nut that's holding the original feed on ?

Pretty much... the 4" stuff I used wasn't massively flexible and at the time I did it I still had the FMIC pipework routed up through the hole so no way was it gonna go so I didn't bother... on an A3 and using smaller ducting then you should have better luck...

<tuffty/>

Thanks for all the replies guys but.......

I still don have an answer to my questions.....lol

Looking at the way tuffty has done his it looks like the hose is sitting on top of the wires but the way w3sty has done his looks like what i want to do but how did you manage to get the hose past them wires ?

Another thing I've just noticed is that you guys don't seem to be using a cold are duct hose like you would buy for a car and looks more like something from a diy shop. Is that stuff ok?

Thanks for all the replies guys but.......

I still don have an answer to my questions.....lol

Looking at the way tuffty has done his it looks like the hose is sitting on top of the wires but the way w3sty has done his looks like what i want to do but how did you manage to get the hose past them wires ?

Another thing I've just noticed is that you guys don't seem to be using a cold are duct hose like you would buy for a car and looks more like something from a diy shop. Is that stuff ok?

The stuff I am using is designed to be used under the bonnet... its neoprene and rated for heat... cheaper PVC stuff is less likely to survive excessive heat long term...

<tuffty/>