Help! No heating!!

Siirbaz

Reaction score
I have recently purchased an Audi A3 8p (2010) model - petrol automatic 1.4 s line model. Absolutely love it apart from the heating problem! I’m not gifted in way of auto repair so any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.
When driving; I can use the fan to point to the front window to get rid of any steam/mist. If I change the direction of the fan or press the rear window de-mister then immediately the fan stops working. It’s hard to describe the fault. The fan speed indicator goes weird only allowing me to turn the fan off and on. It doesn’t increase the speed of the fan in fact it stops blowing air altogether. As for the rear de-mister, it simply flashes on and off until it goes off completely without engaging at all. I have asked some friend who connected the car to a vcds. They inform me that the issue maybe because of the following;
01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386)
004 - No Signal/Communication

What does this mean? Is repairable? Replaceable? And how? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• E419E766-AE2E-4BB6-83DF-82A8FB748F4A.jpeg
    E419E766-AE2E-4BB6-83DF-82A8FB748F4A.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 72
I could probably fix the issues, may require a part or several, ping me a WhatsApp if you want me to take a look.

I have recently purchased an Audi A3 8p (2010) model - petrol automatic 1.4 s line model. Absolutely love it apart from the heating problem! I’m not gifted in way of auto repair so any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.
When driving; I can use the fan to point to the front window to get rid of any steam/mist. If I change the direction of the fan or press the rear window de-mister then immediately the fan stops working. It’s hard to describe the fault. The fan speed indicator goes weird only allowing me to turn the fan off and on. It doesn’t increase the speed of the fan in fact it stops blowing air altogether. As for the rear de-mister, it simply flashes on and off until it goes off completely without engaging at all. I have asked some friend who connected the car to a vcds. They inform me that the issue maybe because of the following;
01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386)
004 - No Signal/Communication

What does this mean? Is repairable? Replaceable? And how? Thank you in advance!
Door control module 80% cables in adapter in the doorway. They are broken and ragged - easy to check. Air condition unit for first try factory settings, check the cabling behind the unit. If no help try replacing the unit with another or new one. It is very easy to exchange. Good luck

Door control module 80% cables in adapter in the doorway. They are broken and ragged - easy to check. Air condition unit for first try factory settings, check the cabling behind the unit. If no help try replacing the unit with another or new one. It is very easy to exchange. Good luck
I have simillar problem can u give advice would a Q3 ac unit fit

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I have simillar problem can u give advice would a Q3 ac unit fit

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
A Q3 needs trimming on the slides very slightly. Only work in facelifts 100% ie 08+ if before 08, Something doesn't work iirc air con flap?

Bit late to reply - but thank you to everyone who responded with a solution. I have since accessed the loom wiring and found a few to be damaged. I repaired the damage and re sealed the loom. Unfortunately this has not fixed my heating issue. I suspect that there may be more damage to wiring that needs to be repaired. It has however sorted out my window not opening problem. Now, I have a brake light fail warning every time I start the car and apply the brakes. The brake lights are fine. I’m guessing that this has something to do with the wiring also?