RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Would anyone be interested in buying my private plate? XR53XXK Apologies if this is the wrong place. Looking for £500.

There’s a ‘trading post’ forum and a place for parts selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Scooby216
Wallets at the ready ? I think the world is going just a little crazy:

Reactions: 8YARWY

You need locking up for sharing that

• Haha
Reactions: itsbigyellow

Could buy a really nice Porsche or RS6.

Christ the car isn’t worth 60k let alone 92k

• Haha
Reactions: itsbigyellow
If I wanted to spend £90k on a car I doubt very much an RS3 would be in the equation

Reactions: Apache007, itsbigyellow and 8YARWY

Is it Archie Hamiltons I wonder ? I see that plonker had the conversion done recently

That’s an outrageous amount, even for a tuned RS3, but why not change the colour of the seat stitch to add that small detail that’s missing and I’m not keen on the winglets, coupled with the fact I don’t have £90k to spend on a car.

Could buy a really nice Porsche or RS6.

Christ the car isn’t worth 60k let alone 92k

Well guess what it's your 'lucky' day 'cos they have an RS6 as well. Now let me see..... that or a fully loaded 992 GTS, or even a cheap Turbo S. And that Audi is a true bargain because if you look in the description the tune was £186k

Last edited:
Hmm £92K eh..?? And they didn’t give you the carbon fibre engine cover + manifold carbon cover..?

Well guess what it's your 'lucky' day 'cos they have an RS6 as well. Now let me see..... that or a fully loaded 992 GTS, or even a cheap Turbo S. And that Audi is a true bargain because if you look in the description the tune was £186k

I think you're maybe a bit keen on the pricing of the 992 GTS because a base model starts at £115k, let alone a fully loaded one that would likely be closer to £150k... And even on the used marked they're no cheaper because they're still hard to come by.

I think you're maybe a bit keen on the pricing of the 992 GTS because a base model starts at £115k, let alone a fully loaded one that would likely be closer to £150k... And even on the used marked they're no cheaper because they're still hard to come by.
I agree with you generally, but it isn't a £176k RS6 though. Pretty sure I can get get a decent GTS for that money.

I agree with you generally, but it isn't a £176k RS6 though. Pretty sure I can get get a decent GTS for that money.
Oh, 100%. I know it's a 'special' one, but that's still stupid money for an RS6... Provided I didn't need the rear seats then I know I'd be picking the GTS option for sure, and save a good chunk of change over something like this too.

With my impending arrival, I’ve removed the chrome footrest that I got off eBay from my Golf R does anyone know if it will fit the RS3?

So just had a catch up over the last few days and read through this topic.

I thought the carbon edition didn’t have lane assist, which was a relief after I test drove the Vorsprung … turns out I may have thought this in error though? Is it easy enough to turn off each time?

There were only a few mentions about dimesions and garage. I always found plenty of room with my S3, what are the general thoughts of comfort in standard garage with up and over door?

So just had a catch up over the last few days and read through this topic.

I thought the carbon edition didn’t have lane assist, which was a relief after I test drove the Vorsprung … turns out I may have thought this in error though? Is it easy enough to turn off each time?

There were only a few mentions about dimesions and garage. I always found plenty of room with my S3, what are the general thoughts of comfort in standard garage with up and over door?
Yes, you just press and hold the button on the end of the stalk in for 3 seconds, but, find someone with VCDS and they can set it to 'remember last setting' I did mine 12 months ago and have never used it since, Lane assist can be dangerous imho, pulling out slightly to overtake a cyclist and 'lane assist' will have you steering straight back at him, or moving over when that big truck is heading towards you and 'Lane assist' will have you heading back towards him, Cr*p piece of tech.........

Reactions: rngDeadeye
Yes, you just press and hold the button on the end of the stalk in for 3 seconds, but, find someone with VCDS and they can set it to 'remember last setting' I did mine 12 months ago and have never used it since, Lane assist can be dangerous imho, pulling out slightly to overtake a cyclist and 'lane assist' will have you steering straight back at him, or moving over when that big truck is heading towards you and 'Lane assist' will have you heading back towards him, Cr*p piece of tech.........
The test drive had it fitted, and I’m not in the habit of indicating to return to the ‘slow lane’ and it was a bit of an experience!

Reactions: Mike.46
Lane Assist is a safety feature. It does not automatically turn itself on - you have to press the button on the top stalk.
I can drive great with it on and I don’t end up swerving into anyone…

You obviously haven't had it latch onto tempory white lines that have been painted black but still reflective enough to be caught by the camera and punt the car off to the side.

I have the full traffic-jam assist and up to 20mph in a slow moveing queue it is fine but to have it engaged at speed is lunacy IMHO.

I'm far from being against the tech, I find adaptive cruise works well in the right circumstances but it is less likely to fire you into other traffic than lane assist.

Reactions: Mike.46, rngDeadeye, DangerMouseUK and 1 other person
Was wondering today whilst I filled up petrol - I left the hose in and clicked the lever in place so it filled until the top, I walked off to look at the car in front of me at the pumps - when I came back I wondered - are the fuel filler necks or whatever they’re called designed to hold the weight of the fuel nozzle and hose? Or should I always keep some of the weight off?

Abroad it’s normal for the attendants to do what I did and just walk off but it’s rare you find a garage where you can still click the fuel handle into the on position and leave it like I did today.

I’m guessing looking at it it’s designed to hold some weight just never knew the exact answer!

Anyone else poop themselves the first time you go to get out the car with your phone still plugged in?
She loud!

• Haha
Reactions: DangerMouseUK, mb127, Gazjs and 1 other person
I would point out that I never said I was a car expert however I have driven many cars and so if you want to know how they compare I can answer sometimes

I fundamentally disagree that lane assist is dangerous. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and I agree @itsbigyellow should turn it off as it clearly is too complicated for you to operate.

I have to disagree too. I've been nearly thrown in a Hedge by a BMW 7 series because it followed a shiny strip of bitumen, I've been shoved towards some cones in a contraflow in an S3 because it wanted to follow the white lines, not the cones and even the Tesla has a spaz if someone drifts slightly into my lane.

It's a potentially dangerous and un-required feature.

The only saving grace is you still have to have your hands on the steering wheel - which makes the feature pointless but does mean you have time to react to its stupidity.

Reactions: Mike.46, DangerMouseUK and flybynite
I have to disagree too. I've been nearly thrown in a Hedge by a BMW 7 series because it followed a shiny strip of bitumen, I've been shoved towards some cones in a contraflow in an S3 because it wanted to follow the white lines, not the cones and even the Tesla has a spaz if someone drifts slightly into my lane.

It's a potentially dangerous and un-required feature.

The only saving grace is you still have to have your hands on the steering wheel - which makes the feature pointless but does mean you have time to react to its stupidity.
Totally agree, my m135i was the same, scared me a few times.

Spinstorm obviously doesn't agree that we all have different opinions as he has to finish by implying the feature is too complicated. Get down off your high horse!

Reactions: itsbigyellow, Tommm, DangerMouseUK and 2 others
I'm going to go into the middle of the road on this one lol.

I personally think the adaptive driving features are great for when you're on a dual carriage way or motorway and just trying to get from A to B - then for the most part I can just let it do it's thing (barring the sway in the other post) and I just keep my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road and it does the rest - it rarely messes these situations up for me.

However if I was actually driving down any other type of road then the system isn't ideal and bordering on dangerous where it tries to follow the road markings in the wrong direction or yanks you back into the lane too suddenly or does an emergency brake for no reason - FCA cars only activate their autonomous driving stuff on known Motorway and Dual Carriageways and that seems like a more reasonable situation to me.

So for most types of road I turn it off, only on a long motorway/dual carriageway drive would I turn it on and when I do, I don't mind it!

The safety feature ''Lane assist'' came very close to assisting me in writing ****** Audi's demo car off, there is a dual carraigeway by-pass close by, I have travelled along it hundreds of times, a fair few of these in demo cars from Audi and BMW including a couple of R8's and an M4, the road is reasonably quite and there are some nice roundabouts along this stretch which are just asking to be taken in 'a rather sporty manner'

This normally just highlights the cars ability to stop/turn/change direction and fire out of said roundabout, until that is the 'Lane assist' decided it wanted to play as well, so using both lanes when entering, going through the roudabout and exiting it with Lane assist interfeering EVERY time I crossed a white lane had the car in all kinds of shapes,

I came quite close to the central barrier exiting the roundabout, even wifey commented on what appeared to her as 'very jerky and not your usual smooth driving'

It's Cr*p and in some circumstances dangerous.............

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, rngDeadeye, IanL-RS3 and 1 other person
See that the RS3s on AT are still commanding a good price. Very vast majority all over £60k.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike.46
See that the RS3s on AT are still commanding a good price. Very vast majority all over £60k.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
My 2022 Audi RS3 Vorsprung Saloon I got it 4 weeks ago was 13 months old with 8k on it and it was £64k

Sent from my XQ-CT54 using Tapatalk

My WBAC price has risen again. It’s essentially not gone down any since I bought the car, fluctuated yes but it’s now sitting at just over 58k.

Registered June 22, Vorsprung Saloon with 5k on the clock.

My illuminated door sill on the drivers side has given up the ghost. Will phone dealer in the morning

Are you chaps more interested in the current value of your RS3 than driving it and enjoying it, If I was fortunate enough to own one id be making the most of it, sod thinking about market resale value and how much it earned me in the last few months.
Are you real car enthusiast or just profiteers?

sorry to be a bit harsh, but that's how it comes across these days, all about the money.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Are you chaps more interested in the current value of your RS3 than driving it and enjoying it, If I was fortunate enough to own one id be making the most of it, sod thinking about market resale value and how much it earned me in the last few months.

sorry to be a bit harsh, but that's how it comes across these days, all about the money.
Yeah I see your point. If this makes any sense, for all my moaning about demisting and a few other grumbles, the truth is - when I hit the RS button for a spirited 19mpg drive home, I am smiling. The rotation is still a bit odd for me, but not in a bad way, that 5-pot though - something to behold. As for valuation, I am afraid I am one of the 'idiots' that paid a premium not being patient, so whilst I feel sorry for the guys that haven't had their order fulfilled, I am keeping and eye on just how stupid I have been if that makes sense

Yeah I see your point. If this makes any sense, for all my moaning about demisting and a few other grumbles, the truth is - when I hit the RS button for a spirited 19mpg drive home, I am smiling. The rotation is still a bit odd for me, but not in a bad way, that 5-pot though - something to behold. As for valuation, I am afraid I am one of the 'idiots' that paid a premium not being patient, so whilst I feel sorry for the guys that haven't had their order fulfilled, I am keeping and eye on just how stupid I have been if that makes sense
I do, at least you are enjoying the car and the experience and it doesn't sound like you are more concerned with the monthly resale value than owning such an awesome bit of kit.
Life is just too short, one needs to enjoy the moment, its a driver's car so just flippin' drive it, do a road trip and take it around wild and dangerous places, I would and forget the residuals.
Thats just me though.:yahoo:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Frankel, itsbigyellow and 1 other person
I do, at least you are enjoying the car and the experience and it doesn't sound like you are more concerned with the monthly resale value than owning such an awesome bit of kit.
Life is just too short, one needs to enjoy the moment, its a driver's car so just flippin' drive it, do a road trip and take it around wild and dangerous places, I would and forget the residuals.
Thats just me though.:yahoo:
You are bang-on fella, can't argue with any of it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and 8YARWY
personally, I'd get myself another set of wheel and tyres and take it on a track day.
And way safer, at least everyone is going in the same direction, well most of the time..lol
One doesn't need to go mental, just a nice day out without speed cameras, speed limits etc, and drive the car in a manner it was intended.
I have an 18 year old ducati race bike that's probably worth £35k now, that doesn't bother me, I take it on the track as much as I can, if it gets pranged so be it, at least I have used it, and enjoyed it, I don't plan on selling it so monetary value is of little interest.

Same with cars really. :yes:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Daggerit

I agree, but I can't say I never check to see what it's going for on WBAC just out of curiosity. :)

I didn't buy it as an investment or to flip but at the same time it's nice to know you're not completely losing your a$$ to depreciation. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Charlie Farley
I agree, but I can't say I never check to see what it's going for on WBAC just out of curiosity. :)

I didn't buy it as an investment or to flip but at the same time it's nice to know you're not completely losing your a$$ to depreciation. :tearsofjoy:

I’ve got a track day booked this month. Still won’t stop me checking WBAC… if the price is right…

In other news though, dropped the car off somewhere today, running around in this for the next couple of weeks. Full update soon

424b130848a36b1bacbaddfa18d4aed1.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
My illuminated door sill on the drivers side has given up the ghost. Will phone dealer in the morning

My audio control round thing has stopped working on the centre console!

Reactions: kayemill