RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

@RS3ree lol funny mate, Vorsprung owners no sense of humour ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: RS3ree, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 3 others
That vorsprung steering wheel is a 'touchy' subject ;) :tearsofjoy:
Funny you should say this. NOT a fan…….loved my flat bottomed steering wheel in my S3. Why have they given me a giant round steering wheel in my Vorsprung? Not cool.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
One thing I like is the all leather flat bottomed wheel with round airbag.

Could not live with a DAF sized wheel and awful airbag shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stu-27, Mr Freeze, kayemill and 1 other person
One thing I like is the all leather flat bottomed wheel with round airbag.

Could not live with a DAF sized wheel and awful airbag shape

No idea what Audi were thinking when they designed that wheel.
As you say its not just the size of the wheel it is the centre airbag shape which just looks weird.
You can have nice looking 'round' wheels - Porsche and BMW

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, kayemill and 1 other person
As you say its not just the size of the wheel it is the centre airbag shape which just looks weird.
etron gt has much nicer and flat bottom maybe they have some lefts

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Porsche steering wheels are the best...av had my mitts on....just feel so good and expensive

Reactions: Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
I could forgive Audi for the Leyland bus wheel mate if they'd got other things right with the interior but they F@cking didn't so like it or dont James...and l have decided its....going up for sale at £66k will be contacting a few Audi dealerships prior to it arriving and will be posting it on Autotrader as well and start looking for another car in early 2024

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I could forgive Audi for the Leyland bus wheel mate if they'd got other things right with the interior but they F@cking didn't so like it or dont James...and l have decided its....going up for sale at £66k will be contacting a few Audi dealerships prior to it arriving and will be posting it on Autotrader as well and start looking for another car in early 2024

Don't disagree with you mate and don't blame you for taking that view. By the time it arrives and after such a long wait some of the sparkle may be lost anyway.
You think differently when you see the car in that lovely exclusive blue paint, but if not you will easily move it on as it will look great.
The exterior is great after all so it will be a great looking car and sell on looks alone.
As for what you'll go for next - crikey where to start ?
I've no idea what direction I will take next.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Don't disagree with you mate and don't blame you for taking that view. By the time it arrives and after such a long wait some of the sparkle may be lost anyway.
You think differently when you see the car in that lovely exclusive blue paint, but if not you will easily move it on as it will look great.
The exterior is great after all so it will be a great looking car and sell on looks alone.
As for what you'll go for next - crikey where to start ?

I've no idea what direction I will take next. Face lifts of both the MK8 Golf and 8Y will be out in 2024 ....so I'll get my name on the list of one..as both cars can only improve...

Like I said before looks like only uk has no 360 camera , side assist etc haha :)
Screenshot 2022 07 14 at 15 54 33 Pakiety gt Nowe RS 3 Sportback gt A3 gt Audi Polska Przew

Reactions: Keano04, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
2a4ecdd199cbd0ae1a19c9a5c7c3769f.jpg

Reactions: Mr Freeze and jaypers777
2a4ecdd199cbd0ae1a19c9a5c7c3769f.jpg

This is what l can't fathom out why go for a exclusive paint colour when they're not exclusive at all...thousands of Ara/Sepang on the roads yeah they're lovely colours in isolation but common to most Audi models

Reactions: Mastachaz
This is what l can't fathom out why go for a exclusive paint colour when they're not exclusive at all...thousands of Ara/Sepang on the roads yeah they're lovely colours in isolation but common to most Audi models

Get what you’re saying and I’d probably do the same if I went exclusive but it’s the nicest blue IMO, maybe he just likes nice colours rather then rarity

I can't understand why anyone would pay so much more and wait months longer for a colour that is broadly the same as a standard colour. If going for an exclusive colour, why not make it as different from standard colours as possible?

Reactions: A3simon, Jassyo06 and Mastachaz
Couple of things I’ve noticed.

1. The rear windows go all the way down. Never had a car that did that before.
2. I know the drivers door has a different designed handle due to the emergency key thing. However, they’ve made a shocking spray job on the end when you pull the handle out. Anybody else’s the same?

Reactions: 8YARWY
Couple of things I’ve noticed.

1. The rear windows go all the way down. Never had a car that did that before.
2. I know the drivers door has a different designed handle due to the emergency key thing. However, they’ve made a shocking spray job on the end when you pull the handle out. Anybody else’s the same?

Odd... my rear windows don't go all the way down!

Reactions: 8YARWY and kayemill
Bit being able to change gear with the gear leaver is gonna annoy me but I’m glad Vorsprungs get the round wheel.

Bit being able to change gear with the gear leaver is gonna annoy me but I’m glad Vorsprungs get the round wheel.

Please unscramble these ramblings…….

Edit @Terminator x saves the day……

Last edited:
  • Haha
Not?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Lol it fits…..it’s getting worse on here lately, almost like I’ve logged into the Twilight Zone……

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, 3vans and 1 other person
One thing bugs me with the Saloon…….that centre rear headrest, blocking the rear view mirror!!