B8.5 Seats in B8 Electrics

the_ace1982

Reaction score
Hi folks
I’m hoping to install a pair of front seats from a B8.5 into my B8 and can see that the airbag plug is different aswell as the 8.5 seats have an extra plug presumably to run the electric adjustment.

Has anyone done this swap and can advise on changing connectors to suit? If I can get the wiring looms for the new seats would they be a straight swap for the existing wiring looms?
The first pic is the B8.5 connectors and the 2nd is my B8 airbag pl

any help very much appreciated!
AF27CC76 ED0B 4CAC B5A6 88D7FFCE2780

D6C582DC DF9D 4B62 9486 21DA01ED1F71

Yeeehaaaa loom is here and extra fuses so I can get cracking fitting that while I wait for the seats to arrive, kufatec instructions are very vague has anyone done this and can advise where the cable should be run? tia

78C69618 BDA3 41F5 A19A 49BDB4FFC7C4

Sorted, Kufatec loom to add power for the lumber support and swapped the plugs for the airbags (spliced onto existing wiring) seats are far superior much more comfortable and supportive and they look a million times better too!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Hi there, about to do the same thing using the Kufatec harness on my 2012 A4 B8 Avant. How did you route the Kufatec cable?

Hi there, about to do the same thing using the Kufatec harness on my 2012 A4 B8 Avant. How did you route the Kufatec cable?
From the fuse box on the left of the glovebox under the carpet below passenger seat and under centre console, cable rod was a big help but easy enough job when the seats are out. Great mod!