S5 B8 Sports seats in A4 b8.5

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are a mechanical and electrical fit? The current and S5 seats have the same yellow, red black and green connectors. I'm aware there may be component protection.

Anything to consider re seat belt harnesses?

I don't know for sure but it may be harder to fit to the newer model compared to retro fitting to an older car...

Yep that is true, but apparently due to that function they have the memory module...which means it's a case of buttons and wiring to achieve memory functionality.

I thought you might be suggestion that the track is different or some other reason coupe seats don't work in the A4...

So I've bought a b8 and it has the seats with mechanical adjustment and no heat, so if wanted to retro fit heated seats I've always assumed that I would need to get seats with mechanical adjustment and also the loom that goes from the seats to the climate panel on the dash? (Obviously I'd need to change the climate panel)
Is there the hook up for the seats already within the loom of my car somewhere just waiting or is there a lot more involved i.e. cutting into the loom...!

I meant with the coding.

Mine are full electric, heated and leather. As and when I go for these new S5 seats they will be up for sale - if you'd be interested.

Does your B8 have the lumbar adjustment? You'll have power going to them but will add additional looms for heating and full elec adjustment. Not a major deal, Kufatec sell these looms.

Let me know and i'm happy to chat on PMs re seats.

If I'm going to change my seats it's probably going to be for a full set of S4 super sport's.
So going by what your saying as mine do have electric lumber support I can buy some that are at least heated and then hook them up when I get the appropriate looms....
I'm not too bothered about adjustment being electric.

With hindsight, i would have gone all out for super sports or wingbacks, but i got a great deal on my current set, and was very pleased with the upgrade.

See pic of my seats. I believe each connector corresponds to a function: heat lumbar, airbag, position adjustment. your current ones will have at least two for the airbag and lumbar.

You'll prob require a highline BCM (i did) and component protection removal. You've already mentioned the HVAC control panel with seat controls.

One point to remember is that the seat heating needs to be wired for RHD vehicles. My fitter originally did it the other way so had to have that swapped over, which was an unnecessary extra trip. This is an issue as the heating switches itself off without an occupant in the seat.

Seats with elec position and lumbar, heating and airbag.

20180217 093045

Here's mine.

Attachments

• 0734043E-EAF1-49A5-B89D-5B81D661F315.jpeg
    0734043E-EAF1-49A5-B89D-5B81D661F315.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 251