RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Lol from someone wanting to buy a green car on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not me :) I just asked if its another he be selling as he got already 3 or 4 ;-)

my order still has no build date - yeah

It's not me :) I just asked if its another he be selling as he got already 3 or 4 ;-)

my order still has no build date - yeah

Your other favourite dealer has a new one in

IMG 8049

yeah I saw it as check daily but prices are too crazy for my pocket ;-)

Well I’m afraid you either pay up ‘crazy money’ now or wait……. By the time you get one petrol will be £3.00 a litre

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Terminator x, AndyVWR and 1 other person
Well I’m afraid you either pay up ‘crazy money’ now or wait……. By the time you get one petrol will be £3.00 a litre

agree or patrol car be banned to drive around london.

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06
Keep the S3.

that is the problem I can't sell s3 as i need car , but price on WBAC already droped few times ... if I have build date I could decide

Turbo blue Vorsprung available for April/may delivery at list price if you knew where to look. It’s probably gone now

• Love
Reactions: Mastachaz
Inked20220228 154003 LI

First New RS3 I have seen on the roads. The dealership was putting Fuel in this Vorsprung for collection tomorrow. Only 97 octane though lol. I really liked the wheels in the flesh.

Reactions: 3vans, ZB1 and kayemill
@kayemill : Excellent news, Updated the spreadsheet, Thanks.
hope to see further posts to confirm Batch 3 cars being built. So far 3 Sportsback
C - Tango Red - Sb, V - Glacier White -Sb, C - Kaylami Geen - Sb,
I'll check later in the week to see if it's been built I'm not going to believe it until I see a vin number

Reactions: kayemill
Spoke to my dealers today and asked for an update as it was supposed to go into build week 9 which is this week.

She said the car would go into build in May which caused some confusion.

Just waiting on confirmation of it and will update in due course, weird she doesn't know what week is what lol

Attachments

• IMG-20220228-WA0121.jpg
    IMG-20220228-WA0121.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Rhurs
Spoke to my dealers today and asked for an update as it was supposed to go into build week 9 which is this week.

Just waiting on confirmation of it and will update in due course, weird she doesn't know what week is what lol
That's why I have no faith in mine being built this week that's bad the salesperson doesn't know what week it is

Hopefully it will be this week then. I had build week 7 and only found out on Sunday it had been built. Had an email today saying I should get it before the end of March.

Reactions: 3vans
That's why I have no faith in mine being built this week that's bad the salesperson doesn't know what week it is
@Rhurs, I thought, you were informed yours, had progressed to status 20, may be a screenshot to confirm.

@Rhurs, I thought, you were informed yours, had progressed to status 20, may be a screenshot to confirm.
Yeah its status 20 I just don't believe a word they say these days haha

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    56.4 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: RS03???
I know, the fact is my dealer admitted, that they are as clueless on build, on RS3's, pi$$ed off and hopeful as us and waiting to be surprised.

Reactions: Rhurs and Jassyo06
My broker has said that my car has been built and waiting to be shipped

Reactions: Sihfty, RS03??? and 3vans
I know, the fact is my dealer admitted, that they are as clueless on build, on RS3's, pi$$ed off and hopeful as us and waiting to be surprised.
People are so impatient these days.....DELAYS are not a facade erected by car makers....way l see it is earlier builds are more likely to suffer gremlins or build quality issues time will tell FOMO .....is another factor

People are so impatient these days.....DELAYS are not a facade erected by car makers....way l see it is earlier builds are more likely to suffer gremlins or build quality issues time will tell FOMO .....is another factor
Also, spotted some of the new cars only showing 10ish miles for a RS3 car, used to be around 40ish. Either Audi have perfected their diagnostic run in 10 miles or skipping the usual tests on RS3.

Also, spotted some of the new cars only showing 10ish miles for a RS3 car, used to be around 40ish. Either Audi have perfected their diagnostic run in 10 miles or skipping the usual tests on RS3.
yeah that is interested maybe no time for testing

I'll check later in the week to see if it's been built I'm not going to believe it until I see a vin number

I’m guessing it’s a good thing I have a vin number then?

Good news, Updated the spreadsheet, Got you as Vorsprung Saloon, please advise on colour
Thanks, I’ve gone for mythos black. Delivery is expected end of March/start of April

Happy new car day to those picking up 22 plate today.

Reactions: Southall87, RS03???, Cheifweasel and 3 others
Bit weird how yours is status 20 but the location is Port of Tyne.

Mine is Status 30 but the location on mine is Emden? Also my Vin is showing.

Last edited:
Bit weird how yours is status 20 but the location is Port of Tyne.

Mine is Status 30 but the location on mine is Emden? Also my Vin is showing.
That just means port of entry for when it's shipped I think

Well finally picked it up and you can mark me as green!

Reactions: 3vans, Kevmoz, Mike.46 and 10 others
Picked my car up this morning :) mark mine as collected

Reactions: 3vans, Kevmoz, AndyVWR and 5 others
Thanks, Spreadsheet updated. Congrats..
13 cars for from phase1 and phase2 to be collected in for this period. 7 collected.
Mine is down for pick up Friday afternoon 4:00pm, theyre pretty booked up for handovers apparently

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR, 3vans and 3 others
Had update from my dealer. They advised that they had been chasing Audi and it was confirmed that a customer who ordered a Vorsprung a few weeks before me (they ordered early November) has been allocated build week 32 so they are expecting a build week to be allocated for my car this week or next week and for it to be week 35 or 36 and therefore anticipated delivery of mid October (which is two months later than initial estimate). That will be just under one year from initial order :fearscream: Helped a friend order a new car at the weekend. She has ordered a Mercedes and it will be here in a few weeks time !! Some things are however worth the wait :yes:

Reactions: RS03??? and Terminator x
Had update from my dealer. They advised that they had been chasing Audi and it was confirmed that a customer who ordered a Vorsprung a few weeks before me (they ordered early November) has been allocated build week 32 so they are expecting a build week to be allocated for my car this week or next week and for it to be week 35 or 36 and therefore anticipated delivery of mid October (which is two months later than initial estimate). That will be just under one year from initial order :fearscream: Helped a friend order a new car at the weekend. She has ordered a Mercedes and it will be here in a few weeks time !! Some things are however worth the wait :yes:
Thats similar to when they offer 0% finance, it's for a reason :)

Hi all,
New order to add to the Tracker...
When I say new that's a bit of a joke.
Daytona Vorsprung SB ordered 25th Aug via Audi Whetstone.
Order no 31435436
Still no idea from the dealer of a build week.
Usual rubbish about chip shortages.
Anyone else on here ordered via Audi Whetstone?
They're generally quite good, this is my 2nd RS3 and 5th car in last 12yrs via Whetstone, they used to be part of M25 Audi group and now called Group1 Automotive.

Hi all,
New order to add to the Tracker...
When I say new that's a bit of a joke.
Daytona Vorsprung SB ordered 25th Aug via Audi Whetstone.
Order no 31435436
Still no idea from the dealer of a build week.
Usual rubbish about chip shortages.
Anyone else on here ordered via Audi Whetstone?
They're generally quite good, this is my 2nd RS3 and 5th car in last 12yrs via Whetstone, they used to be part of M25 Audi group and now called Group1 Automotive.
@cooperp: Added , Thanks.

This 'Build Date' is very confusing to say the least as in 'What does it actually mean' ?

My build date was week 49 2021, car was confirmed 'Built' 31st January,

It's obviously the start of the process, but cars generally only take around five days start to finish, I imagine that is from the start of pressing all the sheet metal parts and welding etc

So why does it appear to take 6-7 weeks from build week to 'built' ?

This 'Build Date' is very confusing to say the least as in 'What does it actually mean' ?

My build date was week 49 2021, car was confirmed 'Built' 31st January,

It's obviously the start of the process, but cars generally only take around five days start to finish, I imagine that is from the start of pressing all the sheet metal parts and welding etc

So why does it appear to take 6-7 weeks from build week to 'built' ?
I don't know if this has something to do with all the current delays but in the past it's been around a week for my previous cars to go from built starting to it being completed. Could be different for RS models but I doubt it and would put it down to various delays and things instead.