Lowering help!!

H&R springs bud. But you’ll probably want to change your shocks and you’ll also need to get some adjustable rear tie arms as lowering the cars generally throws in a lot of camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H&R springs bud. But you’ll probably want to change your shocks and you’ll also need to get some adjustable rear tie arms as lowering the cars generally throws in a lot of camber.

Oh damn okay so this won't be as cheap as I'd hoped, any recommendations for shocks and tie arms?

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

And those oem rear arms are prone to snap, even on recall, my old S3 recall arms from audi snapped again lol

Reactions: S3AMJ and dzachy
Hmmmm, nothing is cheap with this cars.

You can just get lowering springs, just keep in mind your standard shocks will wear much quicker and your tyres will likely wear a lot more in the inner.

Just echoing NHN if your going to do it, do it right and do it once. Even if you need to wait longer to do it.

A3 8L is it FWD or Quattro.

There a chap on here that sells kits and springs.

DPM Performance

Reactions: DPM
A3 8L is it FWD or Quattro.

There a chap on here that sells kits and springs.

DPM Performance

It's a FWD 1.8T, it's my first car!

And okay sweet I'll have a look on there thanks

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPM and dzachy
As Tuffty mentioned and why I asked if it was FWD or Quattro. You won’t need adjustable rear tie arms being FWD. Springs and shocks would be all you’d need to change. Like I said before you can change your springs however your standard shocks will wear out fairly quickly. In my opinion the ride won’t feels very positive either. Save up and swap out shocks and springs at the same time if I were you.

Reactions: dzachy
Naturally I sway towards it being an S3 lol, loved that car, alas it had its time, but damn it was fun.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Naturally I sway towards it being an S3 lol, loved that car, alas it had its time, but damn it was fun.

Same, I’ve still got mine….. lots of fun to be had once Badger5 have completed it

I got my my springs and shocks from DPM performance. I went with B8 shocks and H@R 25mm lowering springs.
The drive is spot on with them but they are still settling because I've only had them on just over a week.

Only got these pictures IMG 20211105 WA0014IMG 20211105 WA0013IMG 20211105 WA0008IMG 20211105 WA0004
Give DPM performance a message and see if they would fit a A3.
I would think they would fit or would do a set that would fit

Afternoon,

We've replied to your email this morning just asking to confirm your registration number. Once received we can get some options over for you :icon thumright:

Damian @ DPM Performance