FMiC

Matty Bouy

Reaction score
New to this A3 works . Hearing a lot about 3.0TDI swap. Will this work for a transverse 2.0 2006 A3 ?

Welcome.
But you need to be more specific in what you exactly would like to know?
As I'm reading this, I think you want to know if a 3.0TDI FMIC would fit an A3?
Or are you thinking of swapping engines(a 3.0 v6TDI in the A3)? If this last question is the case, then NO, will not fit without MAJOR bodywork and fabrication.
The first question depends on which intercooler you are planning on using(the 3.0 biturbo has 2 options) but there are easier direct plug-and-play intercoolers available for the 2.0tfsi

Welcome.
But you need to be more specific in what you exactly would like to know?
As I'm reading this, I think you want to know if a 3.0TDI FMIC would fit an A3?
Or are you thinking of swapping engines(a 3.0 v6TDI in the A3)? If this last question is the case, then NO, will not fit without MAJOR bodywork and fabrication.
The first question depends on which intercooler you are planning on using(the 3.0 biturbo has 2 options) but there are easier direct plug-and-play intercoolers available for the 2.0tfsi
I was just wanting to know if the 3.0 intercooler will work for the 2.0 transverse engine …. As I can get one that’s new for free

Not sure which intercooler it is(maybe you can post a picture) but anything will fit, with enough effort and fabrication.. but you will need to make your own piping

Not sure which intercooler it is(maybe you can post a picture) but anything will fit, with enough effort and fabrication.. but you will need to make your own piping
Sorry- I heard the 3.0 Tdi cooler fits the A3. Just need to shorten your charge pipes .