Audi S3 Rear Light Upgrade.

Hardsy

Hardsy_S3
Reaction score
Hello people, just bought myself some facelift rear lights.

Are these a straight swap for the old style lights and go straight on? Any help, info or guides on this would be great. Im not very good with the whole hands on approach :(

Cheers guys n girls.

Nick

Straight swap, remove the bulb holder and then undo the 4 screws.

Brand new genuine facelift rears can be bought at Euro Car Parts for £38 for anyone interested.

Thats nice n cheap... i bought for £59 so not too bad their! :) thanks for the quick reply on that one mate.

Genuine new ones from Euro are £38 each, so you got a good price.

I think the screws are 8mm so you need an 8mm socket to get in there, but as soon as you undo all four, the unit just pulls out and you fit the new one in its place.

Yeh i magaed to find a german company on ebay selling these genuine facelift rear lights. Seem like a good company (have their own shop etc) so yeh.. £59 for both! :) makes me happy for the days work ahead now. cheers mate.

be careful not to drop the nuts when you are changing them as its quite tight to get to the outer ones

god_thats_quick said:
to add to that... don't drop the ****** 8mm socket into the car either - you'll never see it again!

Like a black hole those places. lol

Hardsy said:
Yeh i magaed to find a german company on ebay selling these genuine facelift rear lights. Seem like a good company (have their own shop etc) so yeh.. £59 for both! :) makes me happy for the days work ahead now. cheers mate.

Yes mate, which company did you use?

i was alway under the impression you had to change the bulb holders too? if not, let us know where you got the pair for £59!

No, bulb holder are exactly the same.
I got my set of ebay auctions, together they cost me £40 one was new and the other was mint.:icon_thumright:

sum silly person put lexus lights on mine... so when I upgraded too the facelift rear lights i had to fork out for new bulb holders aswell:(

any one got any links to the ph2 rear-clusters? (other than Ebay..)

Thanks.

Tell me guys why does everyone seem to get so wet between the legs for face lift rear lights ?? I know each to there own and all that but i think the pre-face lift look better (eg all red with small smoked indicator) i dont know maybe im just a bit mad??

=/

I just personally think they are 10x smarter..

My old 1.8 Sport before

n531455234_101913_7689.jpg

1.8 Sport after..

n531455234_101916_5241.jpg

Now drive a 1.8T the exact same colour, and want to source a new pair of ph2 clusters! :) (as well as RS6 18"s if anyone has a link.. :)?)

Thanks

I would agree... look alot smarter... brighter with the larger silver section... and look alot better at night!
5-3.jpg

Jimmeh said:
any one got any links to the ph2 rear-clusters? (other than Ebay..)

Thanks.

eurocarparts - £37 each + the vat, ordering mine this w/end!
dont forget to put in the right year car details not your own or you'll end up with the same ones again

=/

I just personally think they are 10x smarter..

My old 1.8 Sport before

n531455234_101913_7689.jpg

1.8 Sport after..

n531455234_101916_5241.jpg

Now drive a 1.8T the exact same colour, and want to source a new pair of ph2 clusters! :) (as well as RS6 18"s if anyone has a link.. :)?)

Thanks

what are those wheels in the pic actually called? ive been tryin to find a set all week!?

17" Genuine Standard 6 Spoke Alloys (each)

Price is for ONE wheel only. If you require more than one, please select your requirements in the quantity box. Price does not include centre caps. These are available separetely.

Price: £259.01 inc VAT
$355.30 (approx)
€289.13 (approx inc. VAT)

I wonder if anyone has actually purchased one wheel?

Possibly, if you'd had an accident or hit a pothole and only ******** one wheel you wouldnt replace all 4.