Weird locking and unlocking help needed please. . . . . .I have an A3 1.9Tdi 2009 P1 3 door

sheffieldyorky

Reaction score
Yesterday the locking mechanism seemed to start playing up
The driver's side will lock on the button (I hear the sound) but will not unlock.no sound
The passenger side will not unlock after two clicks on the button, no sound
The passenger side will not lock after a click on the button, no sound
Both doors will open from inside because of the pull wire
The tailgate will lock and unlock without a problem
Previously both doors would open and lock without a problem.
Last year in August, I did a repair to the driver's door see the YouTube video
What really puzzles me is the passenger door no sound locking or unlocking whatsoever or is this just coincidence
So the question is "it fuse related" or just coincidence that it has happened this way, i.e. both doors same time.
Just a thought can this be seen or cleared via my OBD scanner
I followed this explicitly.

Check the door hinges again on both sides for breaks.

Diagnostics may show lock issues.

Actual locks are an issue on 8P's, they do start to play up & only fix is to replace if found to be the issue.

Check the door hinges again on both sides for breaks.

Diagnostics may show lock issues.

Actual locks are an issue on 8P's, they do start to play up & only fix is to replace if found to be the issue.
Hi there
I really don't understand how a "mechanical door hinge" can cause an electrical problem

The door hinge area has a rubber boot with wires in, given how you've shown a repair right by the door hinge, ai thought it would trigger where to look ;)

I think I may have partially solved the puzzle

I opened the tailgate climbed in and pulled the interior door handle that had little effect.

I then pushed the “power locking switch” adjacent to the door handle, I heard the door locking mechanism actuating and I could now open both doors with the interior door handle.

I then get outside drop the window just in case and press the lock button, the doors lock but NO indicator flashes anywhere on the vehicle.

I try to open the door with the exterior door handle and it will not work, I reach in through the open window and try the door handle and that will not work.

The exterior door handle will not work.

Now here’s the thing, if I insert the key in the ignition and do not turn it I can now open the door from the interior door handle and the exterior door handle on both sides

According to the schematic, it is not the fuse (T20 bn ~ bn) because the driver’s door locks.

According to the schematic, it is not the fuse (T20a bn ~ bn) because the passenger door locks.

So the only conclusion I can think of one of the channels on the remote is malfunctioning, i.e. the unlock channel, because I can push the lock button and it works, push the middle tailgate button and it works.

Is there any way that I can check the operation of the remote or find out what frequency the various buttons operate on ?

If the module is faulty does anybody have any ideas where I can go for a new one EXCEPT the Audi dealership?

Vcds will show when a signal is being received for button presses.

The indicators may not flash until it sees all doors fully recognised as closed.

I suspect door lock, if not wiring.