Possible SAI problem?

TheRunningMan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer some help with a problem that's just cropped up.
Normally when I start my car I wait the 30 sec or so for the sai pump to cut out and the revs to settle down. I was in a hurry this morning though and started to drive straight away, which may not be connected, but the car was really hesitant with revs dropping to almost cutting out then back up again and no power. I turned it off a couple of times and started it again with no difference. I'd only travelled a short distance so limped back home. I've looked for any obvious vacuum/boost hose leaks. I've scanned with vcds lite which doesn't do a full scan but there were no engine fault codes. I've just tried it again and it started ok but sounds a bit rough. Drove it a short distance and it was a bit hesitant but better than before. I'm wondering whether the sai system could be the issue as some of the symptoms I have read match what it's doing. Would any fault codes generated through this be picked up on vcds lite? Is there a simple way of isolating it without removing too much to see if it makes a difference? Appreciate any advise as I need the car.