A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I got the call I’ve been waiting for this afternoon. Cars ready to collect next Thursday morning. Can’t wait. 1 week to go.
Great news! Mine isn’t far behind but the dealer is holding it for the 22 plate. He agreed it was a kick in the teeth to wait 8 months for it to be on the older plate.

Great news! Mine isn’t far behind but the dealer is holding it for the 22 plate. He agreed it was a kick in the teeth to wait 8 months for it to be on the older plate.
I was tempted to ask to hold out for the new reg but I have a private plate to go straight on so it makes no difference to me really. I just want the car now. I’ve already got the black Audi rings ready to go on front and rear. Counting down the days.

I was tempted to ask to hold out for the new reg but I have a private plate to go straight on so it makes no difference to me really. I just want the car now. I’ve already got the black Audi rings ready to go on front and rear. Counting down the days.
Haha I love it! I’ve got some bits to go on the car piling up too. I’ve spent more on car cleaning bits and ceramic coatings than I care to think of

Reactions: Maddave and JustLulu
Haha I love it! I’ve got some bits to go on the car piling up too. I’ve spent more on car cleaning bits and ceramic coatings than I care to think of
Tell me about it. I shelled out £100 for the official Audi rings as I didn’t want cheap eBay versions. I’ve got a car cleaning list to get next week and I think I’m going to get a ceramic coating done professionally but put that through the company to save some pennies. I’m also going to take off the A3 and 35tfsi badge for a cleaner look.

Tell me about it. I shelled out £100 for the official Audi rings as I didn’t want cheap eBay versions. I’ve got a car cleaning list to get next week and I think I’m going to get a ceramic coating done professionally but put that through the company to save some pennies. I’m also going to take off the A3 and 35tfsi badge for a cleaner look.
Sounds good! I was thinking the same with the badges as well, maybe remove just the engine designation for me. Back when I ordered my 8V it was an option to remove the emblems. Not sure why they scrapped that.

Sounds good! I was thinking the same with the badges as well, maybe remove just the engine designation for me. Back when I ordered my 8V it was an option to remove the emblems. Not sure why they scrapped that.
I’ll get some pictures up once I have it and the badges are done (probably Friday next week). I’ve also got the most important purchase of a stoplock pro elite and a faraday pouch.

I too have good news my dealers have given me a advisory build week 15 so kind of hoping to see the car in may hope it stays that way ordered a a3 Edition 1 navara blue February 2021

I too have good news my dealers have given me a advisory build week 15 so kind of hoping to see the car in may hope it stays that way ordered a a3 Edition 1 navara blue February 2021
Wow I ordered an a3 edition 1 this week , could be a long wait

Reactions: MR ZEE25
The system is all over the place. I ordered an Edition 1 in June and collect it next Thursday. People have been waiting much longer than me and still haven’t got a build. I must be a lucky one I guess.

Reactions: JustLulu
The system is all over the place. I ordered an Edition 1 in June and collect it next Thursday. People have been waiting much longer than me and still haven’t got a build. I must be a lucky one I guess.
I have a daytona grey S/line at the moment with sunroof , lovely colour . I can’t order sunroof this time as audi have taken them off the options list , dealer will give me the nod if they put it back on the options list

Yeah mate it’s been a painfully long wait but out of our control my sales man told me another customer ordered the same car as me at the same time as me and still have no build weekso im gald to have a build week

I have a daytona grey S/line at the moment with sunroof , lovely colour . I can’t order sunroof this time as audi have taken them off the options list , dealer will give me the nod if they put it back on the options list
This will be my first Audi. It’s the 35 tfsi, s tronic in Daytona Grey. My previous car was a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST so the step up in quality I’m looking forward to among other things.

Reactions: Rads and Zoomer
Argh! Two weeks ago my S3 had an estimate build of July. Now, it's September. So annoying...

Argh! Two weeks ago my S3 had an estimate build of July. Now, it's September. So annoying...
My daughters been waiting 1 year now. Build date week 49 last year. Update today, car was built week 49, now awaiting at factory for a semiconductor, no ETA for delivery to UK. Mine is scheduled for buil on Monday, aslo ordered 1 year ago. Welcome to the club.

Does anyone know if the Audi Ring puddle lights should be included with the Edition 1 models. I take delivery tomorrow but my dealer has told me they aren’t standard and don’t come with the car.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
Does anyone know if the Audi Ring puddle lights should be included with the Edition 1 models. I take delivery tomorrow but my dealer has told me they aren’t standard and don’t come with the car.
I thought they were standard on the Edition 1?
I have the Audi rings on the front doors of my S-Line and I never specced or paid for them.

Reactions: MA3RC
Well if you spec an Edition 1 and generate a pdf it does state Audi Beam and I thought they were standard as well but if you press the littie i next to the model it doesn't show in the standard spec although it no longer says that vorsprung get the ones that spell Vorsprung

Knowing Audi they've probably taken them off to save more money

Well if you spec an Edition 1 and generate a pdf it does state Audi Beam and I thought they were standard as well but if you press the littie i next to the model it doesn't show in the standard spec although it no longer says that vorsprung get the ones that spell Vorsprung

Knowing Audi they've probably taken them off to save more money
Looked on the Audi configurator (accessories section sport and design sub section) and they are there as a £119 option.
So not standard now on the Edition 1 by the look of it.

Last edited:
Looked on the Audi configurator (accessories section sport and design sub section) and they are there as a £119 option.
So not standard now on the Edition 1 by the look of it.
That’s with the gecko though not the rings on their own which isn’t a choice to select on the options.

That’s with the gecko though not the rings on their own which isn’t a choice to select on the options.
The rings are a choice I have just been on.
Scroll down they are at the bottom of the list not at the top with the other 2 options.

They were standard when I ordered mine last March. Suspect as others indicate, Audi cost cutting may have seen them being deleted. I will let you know if mines come as standard once I get the car.

When did you order? I ordered end November, and currently have an estimate of week 30 for build, although that was originally 47 or 49. Good job I’m not in a rush. I’m still trying to get the dealer to confirm the build. If it’s built week 30, will it be MY23 or will it still be MY22 as per order.

When did you order? I ordered end November, and currently have an estimate of week 30 for build, although that was originally 47 or 49. Good job I’m not in a rush. I’m still trying to get the dealer to confirm the build. If it’s built week 30, will it be MY23 or will it still be MY22 as per order.
If it's BW30, it'll be a MY22 as I don't think the factory changes over until September, which would be around BW36

Reactions: gforrow
Car has finally arrived and in my hands. Apologies on the images, I’ve had no time today so will take some better ones in the daylight. I can also confirm that the Audi rings puddle lights no longer come with the car (not mine anyway) so I’ve gone ahead and brought some. They did leave me a Audi branded iPhone lead though.
0844A7B4 F07D 45B2 BD3F 8D5E8B66B4DB
6709483F 0CAB 4AEA 9959 B796BB3E0CEC

Reactions: Paisley Princess, Brian Leslie, Maddave and 2 others
Have you checked in the glovebox for the puddle ring lights? They are not fitted at the factory. The dealer is supposed to fit them when prepping the car but some dealers don’t.

Have you checked in the glovebox for the puddle ring lights? They are not fitted at the factory. The dealer is supposed to fit them when prepping the car but some dealers don’t.
I checked every inch of the car and all that was in the glove box was the user manual, the centre console arm rest had the Audi phone lead in it and the boot had the usual tyre emergency repair stuff and a hi vis jacket in a bag.

First week of January

What's the legal position if you order a car and then they change the spec before building it? I've made sure I've got screenshots of the Audi website (and all the (i) buttons) from when I ordered. Little things like puddle lights missing would annoy the hell out of me. But if that's what you ordered, surely that's what they should supply?

Car has finally arrived and in my hands. Apologies on the images, I’ve had no time today so will take some better ones in the daylight. I can also confirm that the Audi rings puddle lights no longer come with the car (not mine anyway) so I’ve gone ahead and brought some. They did leave me a Audi branded iPhone lead though.
View attachment 249666View attachment 249667

Looks cracking mate. Worth the wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the legal position if you order a car and then they change the spec before building it? I've made sure I've got screenshots of the Audi website (and all the (i) buttons) from when I ordered. Little things like puddle lights missing would annoy the hell out of me. But if that's what you ordered, surely that's what they should supply?
I order mine in June before the change but I didn’t take screenshots like yourself so I don’t think I’d have a case. I’ve already purchased some now anyway. I could always try see what they say I guess and then have a set for the rear too.

Looks cracking mate. Worth the wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%. I got it at 10am this morning and in all honesty haven’t driven it much at all so haven’t really had much time behind the wheel to tell but compared to my 2014 Fiesta this is next level. Only issue I’m having is not been able to set the key user which has been bugging me. I’m all set up on myAudi app and have the Vehicle code but doesn’t seem to want to connect.

Looks good, same wheels I have on my current S3, and ordered again on my new one.

Audi beam is quoted in the spec for mine, so here’s hoping I get them. Got the rings at the moment, but dealer has suggested they could change what they look like, could say S, or Audi apparently,

Enjoy the car

I would be interested in the answer. There were standard when I placed my order in March 21. I suspect as long as they supply door lights then they will get away with it. Just the same as they changed the seats from alcantara to the recycled material we get now. I will certainly be asking the dealer once my car finally gets here, whenever that will be. It does just smack of penny pinching though.

I would be interested in the answer. There were standard when I placed my order in March 21. I suspect as long as they supply door lights then they will get away with it. Just the same as they changed the seats from alcantara to the recycled material we get now. I will certainly be asking the dealer once my car finally gets here, whenever that will be. It does just smack of penny pinching though.
Unfortunately the term door lights has to be used very loosely as the standard ones are useless and wouldn't light up a puddle if they tried - I got the Rings as standard on my S3 and moved them to the back doors and put the S ones on the front - The Rings and S's are so much brighter

Audi are getting so penny pinching unless they are struggling to get the lights now with the chip issues - Edition1, S3 and Vorsprung really should have them as standard in view of the price of the car

Reactions: Ludus
What spec did you go for, mine is Daytona looks same as yours I can confirm my car did come with Audi Bulb and that is on the Audi website so I would push your dealer for that. Mine were not fitted they were just in a box in the glove box, A3 does look good in Daytona with the 19" wheels.

What spec did you go for, mine is Daytona looks same as yours I can confirm my car did come with Audi Bulb and that is on the Audi website so I would push your dealer for that. Mine were not fitted they were just in a box in the glove box, A3 does look good in Daytona with the 19" wheels.
Mines a Edition 1. Tbh I don’t know if it’s worth the hassle now as I’ve already brought some. When did you get your car as apparently the spec changed and they took them off, this happened after I placed my order but before the car was built in December.