Help/advice climate control panel

Y90CBED

Reaction score
Hi All,

My climate control panel has recently slowly taken a turn for the worse - button broke off on one side and the mini orange screen which displays temperature for heating on both sides has started to blur.

Anyway - Ive replaced the part - second hand from ebay - identical part number. mine is a 09 S line and apparently this was taken of a 10 plate B8. both Orange screens so I havent changed to the newer b8.5 white screen version (although looks better in my opinion).

Plugged the new unit in with the 2 plugs and the "off" button remains flashing and only AC works - no heating. Screen doesnt even light up.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? does it require coding (VCDS) to simply unplug the old unit for the new one?

Any help will be appreciated.

Old at top - new at bottom
Climate control 1
Old
Climate control 2

New - no orange lights/no heating.
Climate control 3

Last edited:
Probably due to the new unit having 'component protection', which needs to be removed. I believe it's an anti theft system.

Not a major job, but you'll likely need a retro fitter for access, eg @NHN

Thanks for your response - Ive messaged the below two for advice/service.

@NHN @DJAlix

Very odd as its only the climate control unit and I could understand if it was the MMI/Radio

Thanks for your response @DJAlix - I've sent you a message/conversation on here.