Full re-spray

Thing is if im going to pay a detailer £800 to take a few layers of paint off a mays as well just pay £1350 and have the whole lot re done as in sprayed

Oh will it not?? Ok, seriously starting to think i might just be in the love with the idea of a full re spray.............but to be fair my seats be re-trimmed and a holiday in september i should really take the cheaper option!!

Katy, unless the paint is looking extremely worse for wear and is flaking off I'd avoid getting a full respray done. It will more likely cost twice than the figure you've been quoted and detailing can revitalise the paintwork without emptying your wallet (or purse in your case).

Also, when the time comes to sell, people may be suspicious as to why the car had a full respray if nothing was wrong with the paintwork.

£1350 is the price it will cost for a full spray , however i was thinking about the re-sell part and people being suspicious so i thought i'd take before and after pics, all i want is my car too look perfect or as close to perfect as possible, at the minute she looks likes shes had a dispute with a blackberry bush!!

golf said:
Katy, unless the paint is looking extremely worse for wear and is flaking off I'd avoid getting a full respray done. It will more likely cost twice than the figure you've been quoted and detailing can revitalise the paintwork without emptying your wallet (or purse in your case).

Also, when the time comes to sell, people may be suspicious as to why the car had a full respray if nothing was wrong with the paintwork.
I agree completely with this - when im looking for a car a full respray puts me off immediately. You want original - also maybe its down the to standard of resprays ive seen and ive just been unlucky but they have never been anywhere near as good as factory.

Ive seen a few very well detailed cars and good detailers can take something that looks beyond help and make it look better than the day it came out of the factory. The thing is its your cash and your car and if thats what you really want then go for it. Im sure we've all thrown cash at cars in ways others wouldnt because its what we want/like:icon_thumright:

well its not technically throwing the cash at it, my S3 was bought as a project, bought it very cheap knowing i had to do stuff to it, so the cash is already there as i had planned to buy one for more money just cant decide what to do for the best! only had the car 2 weeks

£800!! £250 should get you a quality detail from someone with a good reputation and prices are still coming down. You need to see their work first hand before letting them carry out any work. Detailers are whore'ing themselves on most forums nowadays as everyone get in on the act so haggle.

leecs3 said:
£800!! £250 should get you a quality detail from someone with a good reputation and prices are still coming down. You need to see their work first hand before letting them carry out any work. Detailers are whore'ing themselves on most forums nowadays as everyone get in on the act so haggle.

i agree , i just payed eclipse auto in wales to detale my car , and he done an absolute ***** job , getting it re done now , by the shine works , he is popping down tommorow to do a test patch , to show me how good it will be , seems like a top guy :respekt: , get them to do a test patch first to make sure your happy with the quality of there work , and make sure you get it in the sun light so you can make sure they have done a good job

Nick - keen to know the results.my car is good, but 70k of motorway miles have taken some toll.

Pics b4 and after please :)

yeah i will post some pics up for you , or put a link to the shine factory , mark is the moderator of detailingworld.co.uk , i have looked at some of his posts , step by steps and that , and he certainly knows his stuff , just regret not going to him in the first place