Help Please MPG decreased after remap (3.0 TDI - CCWA)

A4avantV6

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2008 B8 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Tiptronic (CCWA). I had the DPF removed, EGR/Swirlflaps deleted from ECU and the darkside metering valve upgrade.

Before the remap at 70mph I was getting 42-44mpg but now after the remap I am getting approximately 37-38mpg. The driving style is the same.

What could be the cause of mpg drop? Could it be the remap?

(I have got a log of VCDS which was done in 4th gear)

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-132932__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-132932__01.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 158
If no other variables have changed, then yes the remap is most likely the cause of MPG drop. Unless the remap was specifically to increase MPG, then i'd be surprised if you didn't experience this.

If no other variables have changed, then yes the remap is most likely the cause of MPG drop. Unless the remap was specifically to increase MPG, then i'd be surprised if you didn't experience this.

The remap wasn't specifically to increase MPG but I assumed it would at least stay the same if driven sensibly?

After my remap the consumption increased a bit but that was because I was more aggressive with the new HP gain (shy les of 300HP). Mine in 3.0 CAPA and the average is 7.46l/100km. I drive fast and overtake a lot. If you consider the engine displacement, power and vheicle weight then 7.5 isn't that bad. If you plan to save fuel after the remap then you have to drive it at lower RPMs. Engine now generates more torque therefore you don't have to rev it as high as before.

Hi

I have a 2008 B8 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Tiptronic (CCWA). I had the DPF removed, EGR/Swirlflaps deleted from ECU and the darkside metering valve upgrade.

Before the remap at 70mph I was getting 42-44mpg but now after the remap I am getting approximately 37-38mpg. The driving style is the same.

What could be the cause of mpg drop? Could it be the remap?

(I have got a log of VCDS which was done in 4th gear)

Thanks

Who done this tune?

It's a company up north, I don't really want to be slating off the company on social media.
Fair enough but the tune looks weak - the MPG is hard to say, but try and do a tank full average. You can really screw up the shown MPG in the tuning so the best method would be to do tank averages.

Cheers

Fair enough but the tune looks weak - the MPG is hard to say, but try and do a tank full average. You can really screw up the shown MPG in the tuning so the best method would be to do tank averages.

Cheers

Looking at the log, is it a safe tune that won't cause me issues with the turbo?

What MPG have your customers recorded after your custom remaps in town and motorway driving? (Tiptronic with CCWA engine).

Yes boost looks safe but hard to say whats been done to the fueling as you appear to be riding on torque limiters so they more than likely cheated on duration map or iq2nm table.
If you think about it when cruising there is no need use more fuel, the extra mpg comes from having the EGR turned off and no more regens from the dpf off

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes boost looks save but hard to say whats been done to the fueling as you appear to be riding on torque limiters so they more than likely cheated on duration map or iq2nm table.
If you think about it when cruising there is no need use more fuel, the extra mpg comes from having the EGR turned off and no more regens from the dpf off

Cheers

How much do you charge for a remap? (Egr, dpf and swirlflap delete from ECU)

I have always said a proper tune costs proper money and it is almost always worth it.

Reactions: Prodigium and bobby singh