Contemplating considerably more power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naylor92

Reaction score
Hi,

So as the post states, I’ve been thinking for a few days now to go for big power (not too much) with a TTE500+ on my PFL RS3. I’m in search of some advise and help, it will be greatly appreciated.

I obviously need the turbo itself, stage 3 tune with gearbox map. FMIC, HPFP, downpipe (decat or sports cat). I plan on keeping the stock airbox as I have the Hg motorsport intake hard pipe and a BMC panel filter. I’m not massively clued up on all the more technical stuff from here on in, so could any one please advise on what else I will need and of course a good tuner for the job? I’m thinking MRC and have enquired there already. But I’m also thinking about NVMotorsport too as he really knows his stuff.

Cheers,
Sam.

Reactions: TTE Si
Ben at The Turbo Unit also does his own in house developed turbo and tune for the PFL.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92
Can anyone also recommend any good insurance companies for highly modified cars too and know whether they’re fairly decent prices?

Can anyone also recommend any good insurance companies for highly modified cars too and know whether they’re fairly decent prices?
Admiral have always been good for me, albeit typically only stage 1.
I declared the MRC tune, inlet and turbo pipes and even filter and it added £40, which included £9.50 of online admin charge!

Reactions: 123Quattro and NevMan
I know a few people who have had massive issues with TTU turbos. 2 have blown within a week, one taking someone’s engine with it.

I’d probably look into the turbo engineers instead. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: TTE Si
I know a few people who have had massive issues with TTU turbos. 2 have blown within a week, one taking someone’s engine with it.

Seems a bit off when they can't reply back.

TX.

The famous i heard topic!

Enlighten me on the turbo blown the engine up????
Two years ago we released the 2.5tfsi and one failure, which was down to poor tuning.

I think your comments should be removed as you have no facts and surely if it is true there will be two sides to every story.

Ben

Reactions: Luiggi, Terminator x and Count Drunkula
Worth people knowing though if it’s true?
Second or third hand info and a recommendation not to go there? Out of order imho + TTU may not see it so can't respond.

Bit like the Cete comments on here from a minority, moan moan moan all day long then try and shut down people who have had no Cete issues ...

TX.

Second or third hand info and a recommendation not to go there? Out of order imho + TTU may not see it so can't respond.

Bit like the Cete comments on here from a minority, moan moan moan all day long then try and shut down people who have had no Cete issues ...

TX.

The TTU comments I take your point. But it does seem that the Cete controller has given quite a few owners some issues?

Reactions: 123Quattro
The TTU comments I take your point. But it does seem that the Cete controller has given quite a few owners some issues?
No problem with reporting issues factually but it seems they don't want to hear from people who have a Cete unit working ok + no acknowledgement of probably 1000's of happy users + Cete owner has no forum to reply to accusations. Cete is a small company and so is TTU, doesn't seem fair or reasonable to me for them to get slagged off on here + people saying don't use them due to either a few reported issues or 2nd or 3rd hand stories. You can already see lost business in the Cete thread as people read it and go elsewhere.

TX.

Reactions: Ben_TTU
Hi

I can give you all the info you require on hardware and software to compliment the TTE500+ turbocharger.

drop me an email for support.

Sales@theturboengineers.com

Reactions: Sandra
The famous i heard topic!

Enlighten me on the turbo blown the engine up????
Two years ago we released the 2.5tfsi and one failure, which was down to poor tuning.

I think your comments should be removed as you have no facts and surely if it is true there will be two sides to every story.

Ben

@Aoon_M can substantiate instead.

No problem with reporting issues factually but it seems they don't want to hear from people who have a Cete unit working ok + no acknowledgement of probably 1000's of happy users + Cete owner has no forum to reply to accusations. Cete is a small company and so is TTU, doesn't seem fair or reasonable to me for them to get slagged off on here + people saying don't use them due to either a few reported issues or 2nd or 3rd hand stories. You can already see lost business in the Cete thread as people read it and go elsewhere.

TX.

You just cant stop.. you are being completely hypocritical.

Reactions: 1 person
Go on, what do you mean?

TX.

Constantly trying to discredit people that do have issues. Which you are going on and on about. This is a free forum they can sign up and post their side of the story if they want. In the case of this thread Ben from ttu has clearly opted to not respond to this unless Ben_TTU that liked your previous post is not actually ben from TTU. It is not a problem to give people a honest picture of a product and the company behind it and you shouldn't be trying to attack users that have issues.
If another prospective buyer sees a forum post, a review or other and decide to look elsewhere because of that then they have made a reasonably informed decision or they can dig further if they want to ultimately in the case of CETE aside from the product having problems the support is no existent and that imo is enough to warrant lost business let alone a problematic product.

Reactions: Marky79, Marshy and (deleted member)
Well said sequence.

x terminator: If you read threads instead of just sh*tposting in them you would have seen that there was clear acknowledgment that CETE is a good and innovative product, and I said myself in it that most until now have had no problems. But now there are very serious issues and poor customer service to go with it. CETE was made aware of the thread in question *from the start* when I contacted them by email. They were welcome to post in it. They chose not to, just as they chose not to reply to emails, or offer warranty without assistance form another member in holding them to account. All of which had nothing to do with you or your controller you once owned many years ago. Telling us 4 times in the thread that yours worked fine sure seems like you just can't help yourself as sequence has aptly said. No one acknowledged you so you had to keep posting over and over like a broken record until you got a rise by berating peoples technical issues as "alleged", and when that died down you came here and posted it again, derailing yet another thread... Not sure if you do this on purpose for fun, or if you just crave attention? Either way it is unpleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marky79
Constantly trying to discredit people that do have issues. Which you are going on and on about. This is a free forum they can sign up and post their side of the story if they want. In the case of this thread Ben from ttu has clearly opted to not respond to this unless Ben_TTU that liked your previous post is not actually ben from TTU. It is not a problem to give people a honest picture of a product and the company behind it and you shouldn't be trying to attack users that have issues.
If another prospective buyer sees a forum post, a review or other and decide to look elsewhere because of that then they have made a reasonably informed decision or they can dig further if they want to ultimately in the case of CETE aside from the product having problems the support is no existent and that imo is enough to warrant lost business let alone a problematic product.
You have an opinion, Danny has an opinion etc etc. So do I and I will post it along with yours and all the others. You guys can shout me down all you like but I'm entitled to say what I want just as you are. My Cete valves were never an issue, fact.

TX.

Well said sequence.

x terminator: If you read threads instead of just sh*tposting in them you would have seen that there was clear acknowledgment that CETE is a good and innovative product, and I said myself in it that most until now have had no problems. But now there are very serious issues and poor customer service to go with it. CETE was made aware of the thread in question *from the start* when I contacted them by email. They were welcome to post in it. They chose not to, just as they chose not to reply to emails, or offer warranty without assistance form another member in holding them to account. All of which had nothing to do with you or your controller you once owned many years ago. Telling us 4 times in the thread that yours worked fine sure seems like you just can't help yourself as sequence has aptly said. No one acknowledged you so you had to keep posting over and over like a broken record until you got a rise by berating peoples technical issues as "alleged", and when that died down you came here and posted it again, derailing yet another thread... Not sure if you do this on purpose for fun, or if you just crave attention? Either way it is unpleasant.
Lol jump on the Danny bandwagon, do you two know each other? It wasn't years ago it was Mar 19. Who knows what your problem with Cete is, faulty unit, faulty install, bad batch, one off etc etc. You posting up here though and slagging it off is cowardly, why not copy in the guy that owns Cete and let him reply? I couldn't care less for your "attention" put me on Ignore pls and I never have to hear from you again.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan
Do you have reading comprehension problems? As I already said CETE was provided with a link to the thread and my ongoing issues with my controller are all documented there.

What are you lot like in this forum, allways at each other, maybe you should all take a step back and calm down , everyone has a right to reply but lets not let things get out of hand.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and 123Quattro
Love a bit of banter on a car forum

I can't speak of other manufacturers but TTE were great to deal with. I'm running their TTE700 as of very recently on a fl and customer service was great and they reply promptly. Install was relatively straightforward to.

On a side note I do remember when I had my pfl my tuner told me to stay stage 2 as they had a few cars with upgraded turbos that bent rods and the car couldn't take it. Scared me enough not to bother and I'd take the advice with a grain of salt since plenty of people are still running bigger turbos but still.

PS. My cete valve control has been flawless on both pfl and fl :friendly wink:

This thread will be reinstated after you all have a chance to cool down and try to get along. Your all old enough to drive a car, so your old enough to know how to behave on the forum. This is not Facebook or instagram etc so we expect you all to make an effort with the content of your post. If your not happy to obey the rules then don’t bother posting, it’s that simple.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Status
Not open for further replies.