S3 buying

19ryanh93

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking at getting rid of my 2.0tdi black edition to an S3.

What sort of mileage would be classed as a no go?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My S3 has 136,000 miles on the clock and runs well and pulls strong. Mechanically it's been well maintained with history to prove it.
IMO, don't worry about the mileage, worry about how it's been looked after. Do MOT history checks to make sure all fails and advisories have been done, and preferably there won't be any.
Check service history if it has some.

A high mileage car doesn't mean it's a bad car. One with half the mileage may have had less care and attention and need more money spending on it.

Reactions: ch1z64, e9_mustii and Bryant1998
If you know someone who has a genuine Vcds cable get the person to go with you plug it in and see what Autoscan says

Really want to “upgrade” to an S3 just struggling to find one with reasonable mileage and the right spec.

Really want to “upgrade” to an S3 just struggling to find one with reasonable mileage and the right spec.

My S3 has 136,000 miles on the clock and runs well and pulls strong. Mechanically it's been well maintained with history to prove it.
IMO, don't worry about the mileage, worry about how it's been looked after. Do MOT history checks to make sure all fails and advisories have been done, and preferably there won't be any.
Check service history if it has some.

A high mileage car doesn't mean it's a bad car. One with half the mileage may have had less care and attention and need more money spending on it.