Window motor and regulator

SusanSA3

https://www.facebook.com/allcarsolutionsessex/
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

my driver side window stopped working, gone to replace it but all parts that from the same age of car don’t work or fit. Any advice?
The code on the motor is 801M the code on the item I bought is 801H but doesn’t work nor does the regulator fit.
Mine has thin silver runner and has two rectangle mounting holes at the top whilst others are circle.
Can’t find anything on eBay or scrap yard and TPS want £400. Claiming one module is suited to each car and can’t swap from other cars.. not sure how true this is.

Car: Audi A3 58, TDi(e) 1.9 5DR.

Hey bud did you check the wiring in the little rubber boot? Pic below.

I only ask as it’s come up a few times on here lately.

513621651ee00ba4bcfdd20539263b22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

801h is for a prefacelift, 801m is facelift. the pin layout will be different. also youd want to copy the coding over to any new door module from your old module.
i would check the wiring loom as mentioned above. a diagnostic tool would help you out too, youve made a couple threads recently where one would have been useful.

what you could also do, is keep your original door module but replace the motor. rarely see this method mentioned but it seems quite ingenious

My husband is
801h is for a prefacelift, 801m is facelift. the pin layout will be different. also youd want to copy the coding over to any new door module from your old module.
i would check the wiring loom as mentioned above. a diagnostic tool would help you out too, youve made a couple threads recently where one would have been useful.

what you could also do, is keep your original door module but replace the motor. rarely see this method mentioned but it seems quite ingenious

thanks. My husband is a mechanic. He has a diagnostic machine so can code but can’t find the part. Nothing fits what we have.. and can’t seem to find any part for sale with 801M

I haven’t looked at that wiring part, the window jammed and the mirror stopped working. Found out the regulator wire had snapped. Can’t find the regulator nor the motor anywhere. This is my part.

Attachments

• A39E1D51-E0B5-486B-BB40-97BC58AC408E.jpeg
    A39E1D51-E0B5-486B-BB40-97BC58AC408E.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 107
part number 8P4837462C for the regulator.

watch the video again, you can swap the motors over, keeping your original M module.
unless the motor on the H unit is different?

alternatively you could look for a P or Q version

I haven’t looked at that wiring part, the window jammed and the mirror stopped working. Found out the regulator wire had snapped. Can’t find the regulator nor the motor anywhere. This is my part.

Oh wow I’ve not seen one like that before. Is it non gen? Also 3 door or 5 door?

part number 8P4837462C for the regulator.

watch the video again, you can swap the motors over, keeping your original M module.
unless the motor on the H unit is different?

alternatively you could look for a P or Q version
H unit completely different. Prongs in different places to my door adaptor
Oh wow I’ve not seen one like that before. Is it non gen? Also 3 door or 5 door?

5 door. Facelift model.

Preface lift wiring is different to facelift, needs completely repining, something I can do for you if I do the other installs.

Preface lift wiring is different to facelift, needs completely repining, something I can do for you if I do the other installs.

sorry confused.. if I have the facelift model, why would I use the preface parts? Are facelift parts not easy to get hold of?

Yours maybe on a crossover & thus that module isn't working for your wiring, you can get another module to suit, but of course needs matching to your car.

Modules don't go faulty often, sounds more wiring issues to me tbh.

Same I’ve seen more wiring problems than control units. Looking at that pic of the broken regulator, i might be wrong but it looks aftermarket. Personally I’d check that harness wiring for breaks then get a new or used genuine regulator and try the original motor but if it won’t fit the reg then change the motor as it might have been “modded to suit the reg”

NHN am I right in thinking the gen 2 motors came in when they moved the indicators to the mirror? I forget now it’s been so long. Though I remember there was a few posts on here about it back in the day.

There are 3 gens, last version changed the drivers door tow & interior sensor buttons to a single from the double & yes gen 2 came with indicator mirrors.

Reactions: Troubs12
Guys. I honesty have no idea what you are talking about.. I will pass it along to my husband but we think we’ve solved it! We pulled the door card of the other side and the code is 801K. The runners are black and thick.. so thinking this repair of the drivers side is a bodge that hasn’t ever been fixed. Would explain why the wing mirror light don’t work then. Date on the motor for 801M is 2014.. puzzled to how it can be dated 2014 if the car is 2008 about to rip the rest of the doors off to see their codes and go from there..

The door modules, motors will all fit your car, with potential wiring changes, fronts fit 3 or 5dr cars & versions differ with features & wiring, but will fit.

Get the door electrics working 1st then the glass.

Reactions: Troubs12
Guys. I honesty have no idea what you are talking about.. I will pass it along to my husband but we think we’ve solved it! We pulled the door card of the other side and the code is 801K. The runners are black and thick.. so thinking this repair of the drivers side is a bodge that hasn’t ever been fixed. Would explain why the wing mirror light don’t work then. Date on the motor for 801M is 2014.. puzzled to how it can be dated 2014 if the car is 2008 about to rip the rest of the doors off to see their codes and go from there..

It can be a minefield sometimes with long product runs etc don’t worry it’ll probably be something small that’s causing the electrics not to work.

2014 is when that control unit was made that’s all

The door modules, motors will all fit your car, with potential wiring changes, fronts fit 3 or 5dr cars & versions differ with features & wiring, but will fit.

Get the door electrics working 1st then the glass.

Ok so I’ve found one on eBay but it’s for 3door. Are you saying that will fit my 5door? The electrics are fine. I can control the mirrors, wind the window down and up.. well I could before it stopped and found the cable to have snapped. Doors lock and unlock by the switch and all windows open from that switch.

It can be a minefield sometimes with long product runs etc don’t worry it’ll probably be something small that’s causing the electrics not to work.

2014 is when that control unit was made that’s all

Honestly I’ve had enough of the car I have a 1997 Audi A3 Sport and have never had a single problem with it...

I know it must be a pain. They are nice cars though, just to go back to basics though did you say you had spare parts from a car of the same year? But once everything was fitted it didn’t work?

And the difference was that the old regulator was silver and the replacement black?

I know it must be a pain. They are nice cars though, just to go back to basics though did you say you had spare parts from a car of the same year? But once everything was fitted it didn’t work?

And the difference was that the old regulator was silver and the replacement black?

I bought a new regulator and motor/module from an 09 Audi, the runners were thick black with circle joints. When we pulled mine of it was silver and thin. On the new motor the code was 801H. My motor said 801M. We plugged the motor in anyways to see, nothing happened. We couldn’t get the regulator on but thinking because we didn’t have the right bolts maybe.. took it back and got a refund. Not till this evening we thought let’s check the other side. The other side looked exactly like the new part. Black thick runners with circle joints but the code on that one was 802K. Back doors were 801E and 802E. We plugged my motor back in to lock the car with central locking. Tomorrow my husband is going to start back from scratch and remove the motor from the module to see whether it’s the motor or the module. He strongly thinks it’s the motor and not the module because it has connection and power going to the switch.

Pre FL modules have a different pinout then the FL.

MJ 2008 --> MJ 2008 and up
- Pin 1 --> Pin 18
- Pin 2 --> Pin 19
- Pin 3 --> Pin 7
- Pin 4 --> Pin 21
- Pin 5 --> - (From Pin 11 to 20-Pin connector)
- Pin 6 --> Pin 24
- Pin 7 --> Pin 32
- Pin 8 --> Pin 15
- Pin 13 --> Pin 10
- Pin 14 --> Pin 17
- Pin 16 --> Pin 4
- Pin 17 --> Pin 5
- Pin 19 --> Pin 6
- Pin 20 --> Pin 8
- Pin 21 --> Pin 23
- Pin 22 --> Pin 25
- Pin 23 --> Pin 26
- Pin 24 --> Pin 31
- Pin 26 --> Pin 14
- Pin 30 --> Pin 27
- Pin 31 --> Pin 1
- Pin 32 --> Pin 3

Passengerside:

Pinnen van de 20-pinnige stekker die veranderd zijn:
MJ 2008 -> MJ 2008 and up
- Pin 7 --> Pin 6
- Pin 11 --> Pin 12
- Pin 12 --> Pin 18
- Pin 13 --> Pin 16 (only driverside)
- Pin 15 --> Pin 7
- Pin 16 --> Pin 13
- Pin 18 --> Pin 11

thanks but we can find the regulator not the motor. Annoyingly though today his had his machine on it. The module is coded to the door and the motor works. Goes down but not up. The diagnostics shows up this code which we believe is the code for the central locking as drivers side doesn’t work with the key fob. Finally started from scratch before all these machines came about and pulled all the wiring out to find a few broken wires

We’ve found the regulator and have found a module motor as back up.. before we buy these, we’ll test the entire wiring system and make sure it’s all fine. Power is going to the door. Voltage is fine. I have no clue what I’m talking about so I hope this makes some kind of sense

answer solved!

after going back to basics and starting from scratch we found a break in the wire as the door opened diagnostics confirmed error for central locking. Soldered that back together. Fixed. Window would still go down but not up, thought couldn’t be motor because nothing would happen. So we plugged it into the motor on the other side. Did the same thing so thought switch. Got a brand new part from Audi.. wollah fixed! Didn’t have to buy a new motor ****** cars!

answer solved!

after going back to basics and starting from scratch we found a break in the wire as the door opened diagnostics confirmed error for central locking. Soldered that back together. Fixed. Window would still go down but not up, thought couldn’t be motor because nothing would happen. So we plugged it into the motor on the other side. Did the same thing so thought switch. Got a brand new part from Audi.. wollah fixed! Didn’t have to buy a new motor ****** cars!

As per the second post on this thread? Within the rubber between the door and chassis?

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with this issue, first of all I’m sorry I’m new here and don’t have a clue how to start a new thread.
My Audi A6 C7 window is making a grinding horrible noise. I know the motor is fine and need to get a replacement.
I have tried everything to find one but no luck. I have tried the stealers but due to COVID 19 they closed.
If someone could help me either to resolve the issue or even point me in the right direction where to get the part needed I would be grateful.
I’m having a pain every time I get to station with the barrier needing to get out of the car to swipe my card.

Audi A6 C7 2.0 Black Edition

Most dealers have reopened but I suppose it’s where you’re located. Things like gsf do delivery and there’s always ebay and amazon. You could get a used one for now, I’ve found eBay sellers are still shipping stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303568420110

Thank you for the link. I’ve tried europarts, gsf and breakers. No luck with it. I’ve messaged the guy on eBay let’s see what happens.

Audi A6 C7 saloon black edition. 2014