AMI Issue - MMi 2G High A5 2007

leathers123

Reaction score
Hello!

I've recently got myself into a 2007 Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro, love the thing so far but unfortunately, I'm having an issue with the MMI, specifically, I believe the AMI.

Every so often the system cuts all audio, flashes and then does a mini restart and back to normal. This restart happens every 2 minutes when the car is 'on one'. I also lose all power through the AMI socket to my Bluetooth adaptor (Tune2Air). The restart will happen through any media - Radio, CD, AMI...

If I were to hazard a guess it's like something electrical is tripping out the system, either by overvoltage or something like - I've never played with Audi's before so no ideas on what it could be!

A video is probably more helpful than me babbling so here goes

My OBD11 shows a communication interruption on a fault code 03157 - Display control Unit?

I've already:
Updated to the latest MMI version
Updated the AMI itself through USB using .bin file.
Unplugged and replugged the AMI - this fixed it for a couple of days.

I think my AMI unit may be faulty - P/N 4e0 035 758A

I'm hoping... its not the dreaded B&O amp in the boot!

Any ideas or where to point are greatly appreciated!

I'll get the car booked in with a VCDS expert and hopefully find out the issue. Will post results.

If anyone has any clue in the meantime, please let me know

If it does turn out to be the amp in the boot, there's a place in edinburgh fixes them which is potentially a much cheaper/reliable route

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…