Replacing a3 interior

Big_Al_A3

1st Gear 1st Audi \o/
Reaction score
Greetings,
I picked up my first audi last week, a 2001 a3 1.8t on a Y plate. Would love to upgrade to an S3 in the future but being a young un (22) and my first insurance on my own name it's a bit over my budget but in a years time who knows!
Anyway to the point, I would like to replace my interior with a leather interior and I have found that you can pick up from a breakers the leather interior from the S3 / A3 a.8t quattro quite reasonably but need some info from people in the know wether first of all this can be done since I believe the leather interiors have electric seat controls rather than my current manual seat controls, and if I was to get the door cards aswell which I would like to as thats where my controls are for my windows and mirrors will these mechanisms also need replacing?
If it is possible to replace the interior (seats + cards) with that from another a3 (of course with the same number of doors) i'm no mechanic by any means but I've done bits and bobs with car maintenance before changing oil, replacing break pads, changing spark plugs is replacing the interior something that anyone handy with some tools can do or a job for a qualified mechanic and if so how long would this roughly take of course if this is at all even possible!

Thanks!
Al

Really easy, very satisfying job.
The only thing that won't match is if the seats are electric. Most only have electric lumbar support, very few will be fully electric.
Door cards are a straight swap.