A3 Interior Leaks?

Natan

Reaction score
Hi all, first time A3 owner here. Picked up a pretty scabby 8L 1.8T Sport a few weeks ago to satisfy the 20v withdrawals I've been having! It's also the latest in my long run of leaky cars.

I've since had the interior to bits and have pulled the headlining and pillar trims off trying to find where the water's getting in. Unblocking the sunroof drains and resealing the drain hoses seems to have helped a lot but now I've found another leak - water is dripping in through the A-pillar on the passenger side. I went round the inside of the windscreen on that side with windscreen sealant but that's only caused the water to now leak through the holes for the trim clips!

Would this signify a poorly bonded windscreen? Any suggestions? I can get some pictures if necessary.

Sorry for the long winded post!

As I found out recently having had my windscreen changed p*ss poor fitters tend to damage the paint where the screen is bonded removing the old screen and then water gets in and the paint lifts... I suspect this is the issue you have and water is finding its way through this damage

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the info.
I'll see if I can get a price for a removal and refitting, hopefully they'll do a better job!

Accidentally on purpose crack the screen and get it done on your insurance, the excess will be cheaper, plus you will get a new screen.

Reactions: epox