A4 B7 spacers help please!

Stu_b7

Reaction score
Hi everyone just after abit of help choosing which wheel spacers would be best for my car.
Does it make any difference if its a Quattro and where is best to get them from?
I need spacers 10mm thickness for front and 15mm for rears.
Wheels say 8J ET43.
Any help or links would be a massive help!
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I used Mtec hubcentric 10mm spacers with longer bolts without any problems.
Ok thanks I've read a few times people say the spaces that bolt to the hub are better as it can put alot of strain on the bolts is this true or will it be fine? I take it yours has had no problems

8j et43 + 15mm spacer = et28 = very possible rear tyre rub .
Is car lowered?
if so s-line or aftermarket?

Last edited:
8j et43 + 15mm spacer = et28 = very possible rear tyre rub .
Is car lowered?
if so s-line or aftermarket?
Its not lowered yet and yes its an s-line do you think go 10mm spacers all round to be safe?

As it is s-line it will be lower than SE ride height to start with.

As far as spacer thickness, to ensure you are fitting suitable thickness spacers, just get some thick washers and pack out the wheel to the thickness you wish to use and see if it rubs.
I used 2mm washers, saved buying spacers that's didn't work.
St5

Reactions: Sidrick and Stu_b7
Looking at these on ebay so abit of an inbetween size of 12mm front and rears had abit of a measure and am pretty sure the would be fine.
Anyone had any dealings with this brand Bimecc?
a533342c98889af63dc12a0e026dc08f.jpg

Mines got 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear

d528a34c6d58b126af3637ed305e7967.jpg
e8b4c83cf32329ace86a9a214b0d9e9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stu_b7
Mines got 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear

d528a34c6d58b126af3637ed305e7967.jpg
e8b4c83cf32329ace86a9a214b0d9e9e.jpg

And I take it no issues at all? I think im going to give the ebay ones ago I had abit of a measure and feel like they should be fine

No issues at all, s line suspension

I think 12 on the front will be too much as I think even 10 is too much on mine, I might even have 8 on the front , let me double check haha

No issues at all, s line suspension

I think 12 on the front will be too much as I think even 10 is too much on mine, I might even have 8 on the front , let me double check haha

Ha oh really does it rub at all looks like you still have clearance?

I run 5mm front - 8mm rear , with et43 8.5j , and still get a small amount of rub under load.

I run 5mm front - 8mm rear , with et43 8.5j , and still get a small amount of rub under load.
Really wow thats not alot at all and you still get rub is that on stock s line suspension?

My old bus is lower than s-line, 45mm Bilstein/H&R allround but the alloys are 8.5j 19" et43 with 235 /35 tyres , so factor in the extra rim width with the 8mm & 5 mm spacers puts them just right to be honest , it only rubs under large compression bumps or fully loaded down, and it is the wheel arch liner more than the wheel arch itself.
I did try 10/12 & 15 but that did rub on the rear wheel arch, if you go too wide on the fronts it tends to look like a tractor and too wide on the rears will cause rubbing issues.
All down to personal choice really and fitting properly.

this was on et33 all round 8.5j 235/35 19
IMG 1669 1

Last edited:
1st 2 pics are the front , and the 2 others is the rear

10mm front
12mm rear

fa0587045e456f27a9928624f96c67f5.jpg
f75a1aa4d0334cea6c1a1c3caabfd156.jpg
38a476ddb5899f9eb892ca2eea9f4353.jpg
651b2e2daab15694ba1c04f6680cd8ba.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to keep a few assorted sets of sizes from 15mm to 5mm to experiment with, not forgetting the correct length and type of bolts to suit.
IMG 1950

here you go, not a brilliant pic but you can see the outer edge rubbing point .
Trye4

Do the 10mm or 8mm fit on the rears ,I need to change my 15mm due to new wheels ,do all hubcentric have the lip piece ?
Only after a certain thickness from memory.
have you removed the lip on the hub spigot yet ?

Only after a certain thickness from memory.
have you removed the lip on the hub spigot yet ?
No mate I’m running 15mm spacers at the mo with et 43 I’ve just dropped on some wheels but the et is 39 so ideally I need 10mm ,i know the fronts don’t have an issue but the rears do ,I’m unsure about grinding the hub lip so they fit but if it’s ok it’s a bonus as I have some 10mm I can use ,I’ll be using spigot rings as well although this should affect anything.

Normally anything around the 12mm hub-centric thickness wont sit flush on the hubs and that applies to front and rear hubs, hence the need to grind off the outer few mm on the hub spigot.
that said not all hub-centric spacers are the same fitting wise, there does appear to be various options around these days so maybe check out what is available.

Reactions: darrenmarky
I could get away with 11mm but not sure they will still have a problem fitting ? Have you ever used the spacers without the hub lip part like these ?

Attachments

• 72282BCA-0121-47F1-BBDC-37A3E868104E.png
    72282BCA-0121-47F1-BBDC-37A3E868104E.png
    577.5 KB · Views: 122
I have used some of those type in 5's on the fronts and they were fine, I think I've even had some 8's on the rear.
those just fit over the hub spigot so you are unlikely to have fitting issues.
A lot of owners mention probs with vibrations etc from this type, not something I encountered but always something to be mindful of really.

you'll need appropriate bolts too.

Reactions: darrenmarky
The one at the end without spigot boss are 5mm and the ones behind are 8mm but wont fit without grinding the hub .

I’ll get the grinder out I think ,how much do you take off ? Must be ok because not all of these cars have the big hub lip ,I can then use the 10mm fronts on the back and get some 6 or 8 mm for the fronts

It's not the hub spigot itself that is the problem, you need that hump as it keeps the wheel central etc, its the the few mm before it that you need to grind down, dont touch the raised section.

It’s the thin piece before you get to the meaty part judging from your pics in here

To be honest I didn't grind mine down as such.
I used a thin stainless steel cutting disc on my 4 1/2 angle grinder to just cut off the offending section, so much quicker and more accurate than grinding it down, just whizzed around the edge to leave it free from burrs, job done.

It's not a difficult one, just take your time, it can help if you highlight the raised section with a bright colour marker so you can see where its starts.
Also if you jack the car up enough to rotate the wheel that makes it a lot more user friendly when cutting as you just rotate the wheel a bit more rather than trying to move the cutter around the spigot.

Gonna give it ago Saturday ,8mm hubcentric fit the front ok I presume ? I’ll just order them to replace the 10mm I have on the front then a set of tyres and it’s all good part from the £££ for tyres

That small lip is on the front and rear , if you're ordering 4 of those 8mm ones in your earlier post you won't need to do any grinding, it's only the spacers with the integral spigot that may need the hub grinding to get a flush fit depending on spacer thickness etc.
The pics above are my fronts and you can see the lip.