New to forum, same old issues B7 BRD

JRStone

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have read quite a few threads of people with a similar problem to me, but there seems to be no definitive answer. I have a 2007 A4 2.0tdi quattro s line with engine code brd. Ever since I got it about a year ago it has smoked blue/white when warming up and has a terrible lumpy idle. I also get a misfire in all gears (mainly 3rd) at around 1750 rpm. Normally when stuck behind someone. Finally, when pulling up hill in a high gear it sometimes goes in to limp mode.

I had it in to Audi and they said I have a warped cylinder head and quoted me close to 4 grand to fix. Obviously I didnt go for that as that's close to what the car is worth!

So far I have had a local garage replace the cylinder head and injectors, and I have cleaned MAF sensor, replaced exhaust gas temp sensor, done a full major service. Also one of my intercoolers needed replacing which I did today, still smoky, lumpy and misfiring.

Just wondering if anyone has got to the bottom of this issue as I know a few others have the same symptoms, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Joe

Hi Joe, welcome to audi-sport.net. You will be better posting your issue in the A4 section where you will get help/advice from the guys in there.