Pedals

mikerd4

Reaction score
Looking on ebay and found a set of tt foot pedals. Do they fit the S3 pedals easily?

I have those...you don't need a drill...just the power of your hands...looks nice together with the TT foot rest :hubbahubba:

Brought mine from VAG parts.co.uk and the clip straight on!

www.vagparts.co.uk

pedals.jpg

Do they really? I never realised that if its just a case of clipping on i better get myself a set!

Jason

The footrest is seperate and is usually £££££.

You have to measure twice, cut once with a dremel as prett much a quarter of it has to come off.

I see dave thanks for that, think i'll just order the TT RHD pedal set and leave the footrest sounds like too much hassle!

Cheers

Sorry to bring this up Again! I just went to order a set I take it you have to buy them in singles? Ie you cant buy the set?

Its £8 each for clutch and brake and £9 for the accelerator pedal. Is that the right thing to do or can you buy it as a set.

Thanks!

Jason

Could i possibly have a link? i went to parts over-view under TT Pedals and it only comes up with them singularly?

Thanks again!

Jason

I've just remembered I bought a LHD set off e-bay and bought the RHD accelerator from vagparts. Whoops!

Rich

I simply e-mailed VAG Parts saying what i was after and they put the order together! I just struggle to find anything on their shop!

In my left hooker the TT footrest was an easy swap with the old one...fitted like a glove...used the original screw too.

Bought a set of three pedalcovers and one footrest off ebay.de for 55 euro + shipping ( 12 euros to Norway )

But it could be a different fit with a righthander?

hmmm...Ok, I can't get the link to work properly but you can see the picture in my gallery:lazy:

I may be being blonde. But its late. Am i right in saying that these pedals, TT covers? Will fit my A3 1.6 Sport. And i can get them by just emailing vagparts, because I can never find anything on their site either.

Cheers
Alex

A13X-A3 I may be being blonde. But its late. Am i right in saying that these pedals, TT covers? Will fit my A3 1.6 Sport. And i can get them by just emailing vagparts, because I can never find anything on their site either.

Cheers
Alex
I definately think that the pedals will fit, about the foot rest I dunno?

A13X-A3 said:
I may be being blonde. But its late. Am i right in saying that these pedals, TT covers? Will fit my A3 1.6 Sport. And i can get them by just emailing vagparts, because I can never find anything on their site either.

Cheers
Alex

Or give them a ring, they are always super helpfull!

'Might' do this at some point - how does it affect driving? How easy can these come off? If I'm heel-toe'ing and I get bits of crap falling off the pedals that mean my feet slip off then I'd be ******.

No issues, was thinking the same but pedals are good and grip well!

Dennis Moeller said:
In my left hooker the TT footrest was an easy swap with the old one...fitted like a glove...used the original screw too.

But it could be a different fit with a righthander?

LHD TT footrest fit LHD A3/S3 but the RHD TT footrests dont fit the RHD cars. The pedals fit perfectly though

Ok im really annoyed... bought these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280117356455&rd=1&rd=1 off ebay (or item number: #280117356455 incase the link doesnt work) and they finally turned up today. 2days later than expected. Open the box and one of the bloddy brake/clutch pedals was f**king missing:wtf: contacted the seller and im waiting for a reply. He has a pretty clean feed back so im doubting he would want any negative. But what a pain in the ****!!!!!!:asskicking: i aint a happy bunny:no:

bouncer--daz said:
Ok im really annoyed... bought these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280117356455&rd=1&rd=1 off ebay (or item number: #280117356455 incase the link doesnt work) and they finally turned up today. 2days later than expected. Open the box and one of the bloddy brake/clutch pedals was f**king missing:wtf: contacted the seller and im waiting for a reply. He has a pretty clean feed back so im doubting he would want any negative. But what a pain in the ****!!!!!!:asskicking: i aint a happy bunny:no:

That sucks, well hope the rest turn up soon!

Good luck.

Toxik-Signal said:
Maybe he shipped you a set for an automatic?

Ive checked the instructions and its the brake pedal im missing not the clutch so I dont think thats possible. Out of impatience ive just popped the clutch cover on and it fits fine but the accelerator doesnt clip on and im going to have to bond/glue it on by the looks of it.:sadlike: Im guna wait though for the reply about the brake pedal. Dont wana stick it on and then have him turn round and say "send them back for a refund":keule:

Oh no don't do that! They have sent you a LHD pedal, had the same problem!

Me too!! My accelerator wont fit as its too wide!

So i have a LHD set and not RHD then?

Cheers

Ash

Yep if the accelerator pedals seems a bit to big, its a LHD pedal!!

Good luck

Thanks for the personal msg Jampublic warning me bout the pedal issue... but if your impatient like me and you like the idea of having a slightly larger accelerator pedal heres a very good way of fitting it:
If you put the orginal next too the new pedal the orginal will sit inside the new one. You just have to remove 2 minor bits of rubber with a sharp blade then use a good adesive.
DSC00110.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Note the fact that im still waiting for the brake pedal... i guess the photo is a good example of home much better these pedals look compared to the originals:icon_thumright:

Damm.... looking at that photo has made me ashamed.... im going to clean the inside of my car.... didnt notice that dirt under the footwell:sorry: :scared2: :wtf:

:wtf:

Why are you trimming the bits of rubber that hold the pedals in place?????? Just not needed.

The RHD footrest needs lots of trimming to make it fit. Have a search on Ess_Three's posts about it.

I have a LHD pedal which is too big to fit over the standard metal pedal of my RHD a3.... but if u trim those minor bits of rubber the orginal plastic pedal cover fits inside the new one and then clips on, there are no clearance issues... fits, and looks perfect:sex:

had these on my golf tdi, bit of a biatch to get the black ones back on when I sold it mind. They are very universal and fit all sorts of vagslags