FIT REMAPPED ECU

David Armstrong

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
It’s my first post on this site so excuse me if there’s already a thread for this, if there is link me.
What it is I have a A3 8P completely stock engine, I was going to keep it stock until my dad bought another A3 (sportback) for scrap, (we own a scrapyard.) the a3 had been remapped to 170 BHP or something in that ball park. Now I’m fairly good with the spanners but haven’t a clue when it comes to things like ECU’s and that, I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to Swap the ECU, key chip and Coded injectors (if they are coded)
Thanks in advance for the replies.

If they are the same model car (same engine code) with same ECU then you should be ok. You may need to change the dash clocks as they carry the immobiliser and possibly the key barrel and door locks so you only need one key.

Thank you very much Samuel, I don’t know whether anyone’s done it before, I’m sure somebody has but can’t find anything online, been asking around at garages when I fetch scrap cars but everyone seems to have a different take on it I’ll have a bash and let you know how I get on buddy

Reactions: samuelh_888
Not do I.

I have a hunch that it isn’t just a simple swap. Also if the map was a custom one for the old engine it may not work correctly on the new as there will be differences.