Will saloon exhaust fit hatchback?

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
How much modification is needed to make an aftermarket exhaust from an s3 saloon fit a 3 door hatchback?

So in theory could just take off the tips, chop off 5 inches from the back and reattach the tips

Unless the extra length comes from the mid section of the exhaust then you’d just chop that? Might be an idea to have a look at pics on google to get an idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your hatchback A3 or S3? The S3 exhaust is much thicker than the A3 one, perhaps double as thick and there is not enough place under an A3 trunk for a S3 back box. You could modify the mounting brackets, but the muffler would hang closer to the ground.

As to the pipes, I suppose that if you cut the Saloon pipes, you would have to bend them slightly outwards in order they to fit the cutouts in a diffuser.

Mind me asking why do you need it?

Is your hatchback A3 or S3? The S3 exhaust is much thicker than the A3 one, perhaps double as thick and there is not enough place under an A3 trunk for a S3 back box. You could modify the mounting brackets, but the muffler would hang closer to the ground.

As to the pipes, I suppose that if you cut the Saloon pipes, you would have to bend them slightly outwards in order they to fit the cutouts in a diffuser.

Mind me asking why do you need it?
I have an S3. Someone is selling a bcs powervalve exhaust from a saloon and I was wondering if I'd fit my hatchback without too much hassle.

I brought one for my 3 door s3. Can’t remember if it was from a saloon or a sport back though.
It fits. Although the centre pipe slides over the down pipe a bit but doesn’t matter because it had an adapter so slid together if that make sense.
The tips do stick out a little bit but haven’t bothered me in nearly a year, I do need to get round to chopping them down though. I’d say they stick out 2-3 inches at most.

I have an S3. Someone is selling a bcs powervalve exhaust from a saloon and I was wondering if I'd fit my hatchback without too much hassle.
I looked at pictures of the bcs exhaust online. It looks like the tips are a clamp/weld on? You could take the tips off and cut the pipes, then refit the tips. It should work.