Folding mirrors

Brett oztech

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering if fitting auto fold mirrors to my A3 8p sportsback would by any chance be a plug and play upgrade, any help would be great

Auto fold on the button. Need new mirror bases, door modules, interior door handle and switch, VCDS to code it in. Kind of plug and play yes.

Thanks for the help, looks like I might have to do some searching

Cheers

Thanks for the help, looks like I might have to do some searching

Cheers
If you do happen to go ahead with it ( pretty easy to do and code ) and if you need door modules give me a PM as I have 2 spare P modules ( high line )

youll be looking at around the £210/220 mark (lowside for facelift mirrors) if fitting yourself, i wouldnt even wanna know what itd cost if you were getting them fitted by a garage/retrofitter.
i got as far as to order the mirrors, then buyers remorse hit me differently. manually folding in your mirrors doesnt seem so bad when youre looking at a big percentage of your cars value just to do it electrically!

realistically, you will be looking around £350 all in and that's probably getting everything from a breakers but I think it's worth doing , plus it can add some value to your motor .

realistically, you will be looking around £350 all in and that's probably getting everything from a breakers but I think it's worth doing , plus it can add some value to your motor .
Probably won't add much to the value of the cars at this age, plus they don't fold when you lock the car, which is what most ppl want elec folding mirrors for. If you can get the bases cheap then go for it.

I know auto-folding door mirrors have high pose value but I really don’t get the point of them tbh.
My A3 has factory power-folding mirrors and seldom use them, I only really retract them if I have to park my car where there’s a high risk of the mirror being clipped , which isn’t often as a I try not to park it anywhere where it might be really vulnerable.
At other times I just leave the mirrors sticking out as I’d rather the mirror were clipped than the door be scraped or dented , paintwork is a lot more expensive than a mirror casing or mirror glass......

Probably won't add much to the value of the cars at this age, plus they don't fold when you lock the car, which is what most ppl want elec folding mirrors for. If you can get the bases cheap then go for it.
If done by the retrofitter I am sure they can be done by key.

Not as standard as this way only available with memory seats, which weren’t an option on the A3.

Someone has done it but it’s a lot of wiring and relays etc.

folding can be done with the key, and it can be done with coding.

requires vcp (vcds alternative), you dump the door module eeprom, and change 3 things, save it and flash it back to the module. if you google 'mk6 golf mirror eeprom' you get more info, as theres hardly any info on the 8p, other than non-english forums.

can be done for much less than £350, if you buy the mirror bodies used and use your own housing/glass. like i said, i had it up to £210 all in, and felt even that was too much for what i was getting.

Reactions: maccalo and abmat

requires vcp (vcds alternative), you dump the door module eeprom, and change 3 things, save it and flash it back to the module. if you google 'mk6 golf mirror eeprom' you get more info, as theres hardly any info on the 8p, other than non-english forums.

can be done for much less than £350, if you buy the mirror bodies used and use your own housing/glass. like i said, i had it up to £210 all in, and felt even that was too much for what i was getting.

I must have been robbed as I paid £350 for all mine , but I do have to say I do think it was worth it . But others will think not lol:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

£350 is about right and it’s a perfect retrofit, especially if you live in London. I’m fine with activating this from a switch as although I’m a tech consultant I’m not going to play with eeprom and flashing and I don’t want wires and relays for key activation.

Reactions: abmat
Wow ok I have started to shop around, however here in Australia parts are a little harder to find. I can get both L/R mirrors for $300.00 still checking the rest of the stuff out, but thanks heaps for everyone's help/support

Cheers
Brett

Any1 in there right mind wouldn't pay that for one module , there is 3 type off modules which will do this job , only wsy i know is i sold a member 2 fo £70. Plus the member has now got his S3 folding mirrors working with the key fob through eprom

nice story :). one of the cheapest modules on ebay is around £ 50 plus shipping costs and tax, and the cost of editing epprom so that you don't have a loss costs around £ 100. If you do charity is your choice. I sell one because only one requires epprom editing so that the mirrors consist of a remote control key. Anyway on eBay you can sell your converted module you will have many buyers for your price.

nice story :). one of the cheapest modules on ebay is around £ 50 plus shipping costs and tax, and the cost of editing epprom so that you don't have a loss costs around £ 100. If you do charity is your choice. I sell one because only one requires epprom editing so that the mirrors consist of a remote control key. Anyway on eBay you can sell your converted module you will have many buyers for your price.
i am not into ripping people off thats why the member on here picked up a good deal plus i didn't sell him the P modules as i said there is 3 modules with different letters that do the folding mirror which are loads cheaper that p , now if you where selling both mods plus the whole mirrors i would easily say £350 / £400 would be correct but as u can see your one is priced a little high or it would have gone.Now if you get ur mod sold for that price good on you but as i said in earlier post if someones buys 1 at that price there ofd there head
As for epprom the member i sold the mods too was happy to send from Greece to me for me to do it on fob plus the epprom software is free

for me you can even distribute modules for free with the edited epprom I know how much it is worth. The price is not excessive. Browse ebay. Your comment and advice are meaningless. everybody does what they like to know, it's nice to know that epprom programs are free interesting where :) I don't force anyone to buy from me

for me you can even distribute modules for free with the edited epprom I know how much it is worth. The price is not excessive. Browse ebay. Your comment and advice are meaningless. everybody does what they like to know, it's nice to know that epprom programs are free interesting where :) I don't force anyone to buy from me
You seem to be taken this a little bit personel , all i said was anybody in there right might would not purchase a module at the price you are selling . Now as far as i was aware you dont need to buy P module to do this as M module at a lower price will easily do the job , as thats what i sold the member in Greece who as i said has now got folding working using epprom . Check out Vcp-systems where u should find the epprom sofware just like you can get the Vcds software from Ross-Tech.com .hope the last 2 links help u

I have both programs. vcds can't be edited epprom and vcp is an expensive program and clone can't be edited epprom, so no one wants to do it cheaply. I know there are other modules that work with folding( before facelift B,D,F,G; facelift K,P,J,Q but P and J is full optional that’s why is more expensive)

Just to give you a heads up K + Q i know for definitely dont do folding as
I have both programs. vcds can't be edited epprom and vcp is an expensive program and clone can't be edited epprom, so no one wants to do it cheaply. I know there are other modules that work with folding( before facelift B,D,F,G; facelift K,P,J,Q but P and J is full optional that’s why is more expensive)
Just to give you a heads up that JMP are the only facelift modules that will work for power folding as for the 8L model you could easily be right as i know nothing about that model . Vcp cable aint any more expensive than the Vcds cable as fsr as i am lead to believe and yip it can be expensive for someone to ask someone to do it but it can be done by urself just search on here and the details are there so cuts out the middle man and expense .

There is no point in continuing this conversation because I have never commented on the forum about the 8L model and all my information is about the 8p model are checked and come from vwvortex :) apparently there is little knowledge there :) I don't understand why you are criticizing my auction, if you don't like it, don't look there and nobody forces you to buy it, and if everything is expensive for you, buy a Fiat :) since you think that I sell too expensive, so you do the epprom edition and sell cheaper, no one forbids you to do the same auction. Thanks for conversation bye

There is no point in continuing this conversation because I have never commented on the forum about the 8L model and all my information is about the 8p model are checked and come from vwvortex :) apparently there is little knowledge there :) I don't understand why you are criticizing my auction, if you don't like it, don't look there and nobody forces you to buy it, and if everything is expensive for you, buy a Fiat :) since you think that I sell too expensive, so you do the epprom edition and sell cheaper, no one forbids you to do the same auction. Thanks for conversation bye
Again you seem to be taken this personnel and all i am trying to do is help other members by given them the correct info about the correct modules that will work folding mirrors on the 8p and the 3 i mentioned are only the ones that will work and even that i am not 100% sure that JM will work with epprom , plus i am just helping members save some money rather tban paying for expensive modules when others sre out there cheaper . Now if you take that as a dig at you then you hsve the problem not me but as you said lets just leave it at that and as i ssid in earlier post if you sell module for that price good on you . Now plesse pick up the bottom lip :end of discction:

Just to give you a heads up K + Q i know for definitely dont do folding as

Just to give you a heads up that JMP are the only facelift modules that will work for power folding as for the 8L model you could easily be right as i know nothing about that model . Vcp cable aint any more expensive than the Vcds cable as fsr as i am lead to believe and yip it can be expensive for someone to ask someone to do it but it can be done by urself just search on here and the details are there so cuts out the middle man and expense .

lest mislead anyone here you are right both have only basic function K +Q

Would you know if this method will work with the 8P using VCDS, or VCP only option?

Cheers