One problem after another

8LS3MoneySlave

Reaction score

So 4 weeks ago I had a bad misfiring problem that was solved by changing the coil packs and spark plugs and also the rocker cover gasket.

Misfire came back with a p0171 code and traced the leak to the PCV. Deleted that and cleaned the maf but now my car is not doing good.

Any ideas?

No it was fine until I cleaned the MAF, have it unplugged atm and its idling okay!

Do you think that this would cause the po171 error?

Update, bought new Bosch MAF and I'm having the same idiling problem as before, not sure if the connector is broken or something but I'm stumped at what the problem could be.

Yeah I scanned it for fault codes and got p0171 and p0300 and I cleared them after I did the PC delete. Engine management light is still on but no codes are showing?

Never had that before

What are you scanning it with? if the CEL is on there will be a fault code... VCDS is about the best software to use... other more generic scanners tend to miss a lot of VAG specific code variants...

P0171 is system too lean... I'd be checking the fuel pressure too if this is returning as you could have a failing fuel pump

<tuffty/>

Reactions: 8LS3MoneySlave
All I have scanned it with at the moment is a cheapy bluetooth scanner, I have ordered the VCDS link for the laptop and will scan it correctly with that when it turns up!

I'll check the fuel pressure later when I get home from work

Cheers for the reply

Update.... did a smoke test and turns out my turbo inlet pipe had completely snapped off at the bottom, explains the awful idiling with the MAF pluged in.

Time for a Badger 5 TIP me thinks.

Reactions: S3AMJ, hydro s3, superkarl and 1 other person