Let’s talk broadband

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
my broadband is up for renewal soon

I’ve been with bt for some years never really had a problem. Only thing I can say is I don’t get the full speed they advertised but is above the minimum.

I have sky q tv and have been offered sky fibre max for 10 cheaper than bt best offer and there average speed is only 4-5meg below bt, it might end up being the same speed who knows

I do play game consoles so it has to be reliable

So I’m just after your views on sky v bt. Hopefully some of you have had both and can compare more than I can

Thanks

hi there i swapped from bt due to poor wifi they blamed everting other than there hardware when i moved to sky it was better straight away i can have 6+ devices conected at same time no problem with the wifi and i belive it was just cheaper than bt as took out sky q at same time.

Have had both, sky wins hands down mate

I'm on a cheap sky contract and recently got the Q router (not from sky as they wanted £100!), certainly improved the Internet having a better router but if I wanted faster I'd go Virgin as the speed can't really be matched by anything that goes through a BT line.

I got fed up of sky being greedy and average.
I switched to Vodafone fibre and is loads better and cheaper

Thanks for the reply’s. I current have the smart hub and tbh can’t fault it although it seems to reset its self often. But doesn’t cause issues. Been stable speed for years no reason to move apart from saving 180 over 18 months really

Give them a call, they will send you a new hub.

They won’t because they never give me the original smart hub. I had to buy it my self. They wanted 100 quid I bought it for 40. So they want me to buy one off them again. Could use this as a bargain tool when I ring them to discuss options.

They won’t because they never give me the original smart hub. I had to buy it my self. They wanted 100 quid I bought it for 40. So they want me to buy one off them again. Could use this as a bargain tool when I ring them to discuss options.

Tell them you want to cancel, they will quickly start offering discounts, speed increases, new router. Worth a try.

TalkTalk broadband here. Been with 'em for 10 years + with no probs
£25 / month for 40 mb/s which is enough for me
Don't have Sky or Virgin but do have Netflix

Reactions: Marshy
Tell them you want to cancel, they will quickly start offering discounts, speed increases, new router. Worth a try.

I will try although already highly discounted. Down from 58.99 to 35.49

TalkTalk broadband here. Been with 'em for 10 years + with no probs
£25 / month for 40 mb/s which is enough for me
Don't have Sky or Virgin but do have Netflix

Heard a few good things about TalkTalk of late. But previous experience will put me off them for like. Long story short. 12 month contract. Must have had 20 days stable internet. Would cut off left right and centre. Changed route loads. Had a new line. Countless engineer visits.

I was with BT for many years , allways had issues even with their top end product, nightmare customers services too, hubs upto 5 were problematic, 6 was better but bt service still very poor for the money I paid.
changed to sky unlimited fibre fandango last feb and I have had no outages or probs at all , only had to call sky once due to a password issue, cant fault them .
just renewed my contract for the same price as I started out with , great .

Reactions: NevMan and Toonsoldier91
I was with BT for many years , allways had issues even with their top end product, nightmare customers services too, hubs upto 5 were problematic, 6 was better but bt service still very poor for the money I paid.
changed to sky unlimited fibre fandango last feb and I have had no outages or probs at all , only had to call sky once due to a password issue, cant fault them .
just renewed my contract for the same price as I started out with , great .

Thanks mate. Looks like sky are highly rated

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks mate. Looks like sky are highly rated

Similar experience here, whilst not still with sky for bb, as moved and have 200mb with gigaclear In laws have BT and have endless trouble including with their cr*p tv offering. Sky Q is fairly faultless in comparison