SQ5 New Macan

Dan_G

Reaction score
Interesting to see the new Macan coming out at a price point competitive, to an extent, with the Q5 but definitely with the SQ5.

I know Porsche won’t discount (you might get a token 1-2%) but the base Macan S is fairly well stocked and a couple of sensible options such as wheels and tinted windows and it’s looking like an attractive alternative to the SQ5...

I’m off to have a look at one in the new year as I like the shape and loved the way the previous one drive and this one is apparently even better.

Don't VAG own Porsche? Surely they need to be careful they aren't stealing sales from each other?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Just had a look at photos of the new Macan and, whilst it’s not bad looking, I really don’t like the button fest on the centre console.....looks a mess.

Overall, I still think the MkII Q5 has a nicer design, both external and certainly internal.

Nice car but even this facelift is based on the Q5 gen 1 platform right? Not that that seems to have affected its effectiveness mind.
I’m waiting for my q5 with the petrol engine, which is clearly the same engine as in the base Macan. I have priced up the Macan but it gets to 60k pretty quickly with a few options. My almost fully loaded q5 is still under 50k after discount. Residuals are very good so I still expect the Macan would cost less in the long run.

Proper update due in a couple years, that should be a stonker. TBH if I was to get a Porsche I’d want a 6 cyl.

My reason for ordering the q5 was to get something less desirable from a thieving scumbag point of view so the Macan wouldn’t fit that requirement anyway :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Don't VAG own Porsche? Surely they need to be careful they aren't stealing sales from each other?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

They would probably rather that (keep within group) than punters going to BMW, Merc or other. I am thinking Macan next, bit that would only be in a couple years. That or an RS of course

Nice car but even this facelift is based on the Q5 gen 1 platform right? Not that that seems to have affected its effectiveness mind.
I’m waiting for my q5 with the petrol engine, which is clearly the same engine as in the base Macan. I have priced up the Macan but it gets to 60k pretty quickly with a few options. My almost fully loaded q5 is still under 50k after discount. Residuals are very good so I still expect the Macan would cost less in the long run.

Proper update due in a couple years, that should be a stonker. TBH if I was to get a Porsche I’d want a 6 cyl.

My reason for ordering the q5 was to get something less desirable from a thieving scumbag point of view so the Macan wouldn’t fit that requirement anyway :(

Porsche would have to be 6 cyl or no point. I have a petrol gen2 Q5, great car but not a Porsche

Reactions: pauly69
Exactly my point really. 4 cyl and 242hp in a heavy Porsche? No thanks!

So Macan S minimum plus a few luxuries = 65K, ouch.

I had a Macan GTS on order before I got the SQ5. A number of reasons for cancelling...

1. The facelift was rumoured and I didnt want it to be out of date by time I got it...
2. The boot was pretty small - as was back seat. I dont need a massive boot but do carry a dog pen....
3. The colour options were crap unless you went for an individual one at about 4k, not a major issue in itself but it narked...
4. Despite the good residuals it was still going to cost a chunk more than the SQ5 - about 66k with a few extras, even allowing for residuals still probably 6k more over 4 years - and I was financing outside of Porsche so no GFV rather a balloon payment due (i expect my SQ5 to struggle to be worth GFV at 4 years old...)
5. image - i told someone I was getting a Macan, got all the comments about being paid too much blah blah.... told people I was getting a Q5, no such comments. Its more discrete on the road and I like that...
6. use - most of my driving is on motorways and duals - I suspect the Porsche is a much better drivers car on country roads but that isnt much use to me, I want refinement and comfort as much as anything....

So SQ5 it was. Dont think the facelift does much for it myself so cant see me revisiting that choice next time. Having said that, with the move to touchscreens in latest Audi's, unlikely to be one of them either. Perhaps I will get a secondhand SQ7... or maybe just a Fiesta for day to day stuff and a 911 for weekends. Dog will have to stay at home more!

Reactions: NevMan and pauly69