MMI bluetooth problem

Crypticher

Reaction score
I have an A3 16. The bluetooth keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting by itself. Around 3 times in 20minutes. And almost every single time if its a phone call it will definitely disconnect!

Bluetooth disconnects > MMI displays Bluetooth deactivated > displays Bluetooth activated automatically > searching for device > device connected

This whole process takes no more than 10 seconds, but its really annoying every time it happens in a phone call.

Our Audi dealership doesn’t know what the problem is (yes its true, this is egypt and the audi owners are very few).

I’ve tried reseting the MMI settings but nothing worked. This problem happens on iPhone 5s ios 10.3.3 - iPhone 8+ ios 11 & 12.1

I tried everything i know of and nothing works and all the A3 owners in Egypt have the same problem. (This problem started around 6months ago).

I would really appreciate help.

Attachments

• B83E9843-F0CC-40A5-9C98-A60BE11BFCD1.jpeg
    B83E9843-F0CC-40A5-9C98-A60BE11BFCD1.jpeg
    593.1 KB · Views: 1,238
To be honest, if as you say, all A3 owners in Egypt have this problem it doesn’t sound like anything that this forum could help with.
It does seem mighty strange. Could it be something to do with the mobile service. You could try driving to another country, but that’s a bit drastic:whistle2:

To be honest, if as you say, all A3 owners in Egypt have this problem it doesn’t sound like anything that this forum could help with.
It does seem mighty strange. Could it be something to do with the mobile service. You could try driving to another country, but that’s a bit drastic:whistle2:
The dealership claims its coming from an incompatibility from the iPhone, and they say we should search online for an update to our MMI version for a fix (they say bimmers had a same problem with the iPhone 6 and was fixed by an update). But at the same time, the guy at the dealership says its highly unlikely that Audi will update any old software.

I really dont know what to do, and i posted on this forum hoping for a possible fix/solution.

Could you try an android phone, just incase it’s an IOS thing with the current software version you are using.... just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you try an android phone, just incase it’s an IOS thing with the current software version you are using.... just a thought

That makes a lot of sense. If it’s reported to be an iPhone issue then try an Android.
But it seems rather unlikely that the problem is with an incompatibility of the MMI in Egypt only.

It cannot be an issue because of the country you are in, But it is odd that iOS is acting up.

Android is more or less compatibile with everything!

Reactions: RichardT

I tried android and it worked like a charm!
So I did some troubleshooting and it appears that as long as the phone section is disabled in the MMI bluetooth and only media is connected it never disconnects.

Any ideas how do I go about fixing this problem?

It cannot be an issue because of the country you are in, But it is odd that iOS is acting up.

Android is more or less compatibile with everything!

When manufacturers make phones they'll sometimes use slightly different internals for the same phone (i.e. one phone uses an Intel modem, one uses Qualcomm). It's entirely possible that the iPhones sold in Egypt use a different chip to the ones sold in UK for example. Not a big deal, but if there's a firmware update for one of those chips and it's just a coincidence that people in Egypt haven't kept their phones up to date they could have this issue

I am having the same problem with my car. Audi A3 sedan/saloon 2014. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus and I keep getting random disconnects and reconnects of Bluetooth. I live in Cyprus and I’ve already taken my car to the dealership twice. They keep saying that they can not replicate the problem and that it must have to do with my phone. The thing is that right now I am using a replacement car that they provided until my gearbox is fixed. The new car is still an Audi A3 2017. It is the facelift version and it has an updated MMI system. I have no Bluetooth issues with this car. I am really puzzled and I have no idea what to do.

I am having the same problem with my car. Audi A3 sedan/saloon 2014. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus and I keep getting random disconnects and reconnects of Bluetooth. I live in Cyprus and I’ve already taken my car to the dealership twice. They keep saying that they can not replicate the problem and that it must have to do with my phone. The thing is that right now I am using a replacement car that they provided until my gearbox is fixed. The new car is still an Audi A3 2017. It is the facelift version and it has an updated MMI system. I have no Bluetooth issues with this car. I am really puzzled and I have no idea what to do.

I managed to find a temporary solution (althought it really bothers me).
One my iPhone is connected, I go into settings and disable the phone Bluetooth from the MMI. This way the bluetooth never disconnects and the music always stays on. Yet its really annoying that I cant have phone calls on the car’s bluetooth...on a 2016 Audi!

But you still an apple product and it seems you've found a workaround anyway...

Hi, i had the same problem and i kept searching online for solutions and found out that when i reset the connectivity settings on my iphone it stopped disconnecting. I hope it stays like this i have tried it for a day now and it is working properly.

So you go to settings> general>reset> reset network settings

I hope you find it useful :)

Reactions: leonwol
Hi, i had the same problem and i kept searching online for solutions and found out that when i reset the connectivity settings on my iphone it stopped disconnecting. I hope it stays like this i have tried it for a day now and it is working properly.

So you go to settings> general>reset> reset network settings

I hope you find it useful :)

Hi Everyone,
Am having Audi A3 and same problem occur with my car whenever I connect IOS13 IphoneX.
I tried to figure it out and it worked.
* Delete your active connection with Audi MMI from phone bluetooth.
* Go to setting of Audi MMI and factory reset only Bluetooth option by clicking on it and press factory reset.
* After it get reset , pair and connect again your Audi MMI bluetooth with your cellphone BUT after Successful connection DONT SYNC Your phone contacts.

Now you can enjoy continious music playing on your MMI.

It Worked for me.
Kindly let me know if this sorted your bluetooth problem as well and if theirs any query.

Good Luck...

Reactions: leonwol