Perceptions of ‘Audi drivers’

I don't personally think being young makes you a more dangerous driver, anyone can be really, regardless of age.
Agreed.....however when taken as a majority young and inexperienced drivers are more willing to break the rules which result in a higher statistic for road incidents.

Just to add my observation on this in regards to speeding particularly in urban areas.... yes young males tend to be the most prolific but they are aware they are doing it and don't care, but young females are also guilty of it without realising they are doing anything wrong. :worried:
The street i live on has one of those speed indicaion signs and generally everyone is doing more than the 30mph limit. I see young, old, male, female all speeding. I'm not exaggerating when i say at least 50% of drivers are doing over 30mph.

Yep, it’s not the car it’s the driver.

Reactions: Peter123 and 4K
Glad your are being courteous but i think statistics show that young drivers are more likely to crash, especially nales

Reactions: Kayobong
Glad your are being courteous but i think statistics show that young drivers are more likely to crash, especially nales

I do understand why, an element of not caring and feeling invincible I suppose. I've seen a lot of young drivers who definitely shouldn't have passed their test but I feel like younger people do get a bad rep in general, honestly I just don't think the current driving test really gives drivers the real world experience they need, however that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Reactions: KenL
BMW X1 driver drove into the back of my wife at a roundabout today. All X1 drivers are now b@stards.

Reactions: Flowrider99, Jimbob76 and KenL
Oh dear Audi drivers :sadlike:. Where do I start ... :help:

Only kidding! lol

BMW & Vauxhall Corsa drivers on the other hand ... :gun2:

Reactions: Kayobong
The worst on the roads have to be lorry drivers, most mornings I see them weaving all over the place either half asleep or on their phones. Driving far too close to cars when slowing to come off at junctions and just pulling out into lane 2 without consideration for others.

I’m a regular commuter on the M5 and there are accidents on a regular basis with HGV’s, it seems to have got a lot worse recently.

I know there are a lot of skilled lorry drivers out there, my girlfriend has a HGV license for her horse box but the good ones are far out weighed by the bad ones now, I see it from both a lorry and car perspective, the motorways are far too dangerous at the moment.

Reactions: TonkS3, Adam14 and Kayobong
The worst on the roads have to be lorry drivers, most mornings I see them weaving all over the place either half asleep or on their phones. Driving far too close to cars when slowing to come off at junctions and just pulling out into lane 2 without consideration for others.

I’m a regular commuter on the M5 and there are accidents on a regular basis with HGV’s, it seems to have got a lot worse recently.

I know there are a lot of skilled lorry drivers out there, my girlfriend has a HGV license for her horse box but the good ones are far out weighed by the bad ones now, I see it from both a lorry and car perspective, the motorways are far too dangerous at the moment.

Just went on a rant there, apologies to any lorry drivers on here. I just see so much dangerous driving early in the morning, I really do think a lot are falling asleep at the wheel or on their phones, it’s pretty much a daily occurrence.

Reactions: KenL
Own Audi and BMW so there’s no hope for me.. ‘I’m a massive pr1ck.

Reactions: TYb, oli356 and Ron240
On buying an Audi for the first time I was declared an "Audi ******" by my other half, take from that what you will ! I joked with the salesman when I bought my car that the reason they had dynamic indicators was to try and get drivers to use them to show off the expensive option, he did not find this funny =)

I honestly think the standard of driving has dropped across the board and really there is no one brand that is worse.

Reactions: TYb
So, I’m 6 months into owning my S3, loving the experience and proud to own my Audi. I don’t consider myself a ‘badge snob’, I just like decent motors and in the past have enjoyed owning and running quality variants from VW (Corrado), SEAT (special edition Leon), Honda’s and even an MG (don’t ask, not the greatest decision I ever made!). Under duress I’ve even looked after several tin-foil skinned Clio’s for the ‘other halves’ in my life! Apparently that used to be my ‘type’, lol. Good times, those Clio girls know how to have fun :thumbs up:

Now, since owning my S3, and when taking to people who are also ‘into their motors’ I’ve encountered some negative perceptions of Audi drivers, the general theme being Audi drivers are @holes, bad or inconsiderate drivers who don’t respect their fellow motorists. This used to be the same badge put on BMW drivers about 20 years ago.

I’ve had more negative comments on my choice of ‘brand’ in six months of owning my Audi than in the entire previous decade of being a SEAT pilot. Not that I give a hairy shat, I drive respectfully, let other drivers into the flow at junctions, don’t tail-gate, and always indicate, so from my point of view I don’t agree with the anti-Audi driver negative perception.

But I’m interested in your thoughts - is this a lazy and easy way of knocking Audi drivers, a weird kind of reverse-snobbery? I’m interested in your experiences of perceptions towards the Audi brand. Have you had any negative comments? If so how have you responded to them. Could be fun to share some witty retorts as well :whistle2:
Never had any passing comments but having owned 2 S3's in the past 4 years my experience/opinion of most S3 driver is? Well I'll put it this way.. ... it isn't very complimentary at all

Never had any passing comments but having owned 2 S3's in the past 4 years my experience/opinion of most S3 driver is? Well I'll put it this way.. ... it isn't very complimentary at all

That bad? I dont really see too many S3’s about to notice at the moment.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
That bad? I dont really see too many S3’s about to notice at the moment.
Anytime they've been in close proximity to me on the roads its either flying past me undertaking me or right up my ring

Reactions: KenL, TYb and NevMan
Whenever I've seen someone do something genuinely life threatening, moronic and dangerous over the last 5 years or so, I remember the car, and there's definitely some top trumps.

But as far as general lack of consideration and ****** driving goes, it's anyone's game. HGV's, vans, German cars, granny boxes, taxis, reps, no particular group stands out to me as massively worse than the rest. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Anytime they've been in close proximity to me on the roads its either flying past me undertaking me or right up my ring
It’s the lure of the Voodoo

Drive around Heathrow airport and you’ll see who the real bad drivers are.... I know this may be a bit controversial but you can imagine the sort of ethnics that live around that area and I’ve never seen so many bad drivers in my life... on a daily basis I see and experience situations that completely bamboozle me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is what you experience mate then it’s not necessarily controversial, it’s your fact. Simple as that.

D!cks on the road drive all sorts, whether it’s an Audi, Nissan, Ford or a Dacia. However, my fact is that the most arrogant, selfish and cr@p drivers are those in hideous Range Rovers. That’s my fact.

Reactions: Rolly12