RS3 Exhaust/sound issue

Webbla

Reaction score
I am hoping someone here has experience or has experienced the same issue.

I have a stock exhaust with a secondary cat bypass pipe.

One day a week or so ago, my friend and I were leaving work, up the hill etc, the car is pretty loud and was banging more so than usual, as we came to a junction I downshifted 2nd to 1st, revs went to 4K and the car banged but louder than usual and made what made me think was a smash or glass breaking , even made my ear ring.

Ever since the exhaust hasn’t sounded the same, it rarely pops unless you are really driving hard. The wait time to get my car to Audi is about a month and I am anxious they would blame the bypass pipe etc. A friend of mine suggested it could be the remaining cat or cats and advised me to use some catalytic converter cleaner or redex which I haven’t done as of yet. I just find the whole situation is going to effect my ownership as the sound has just gone, maybe 25% quieter than it was before the bang.

Appreciate your thoughts.

PFL or FL? Many people running decat rears and yet to hear of any issues so doubt it will be that. The uk PFL arrives as standard with no rear cats so even Audi seem to have no issue with it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

PFL or FL? Many people running decat rears and yet to hear of any issues so doubt it will be that. The uk PFL arrives as standard with no rear cats so even Audi seem to have no issue with it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Sorry, it’s prefacelift 8V.

Thanks