Aircon issue (yet another)

86kotek

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post in here i couldnt get answers anywhere else maybe you guys can help.
A3 8p 2004 BKD
Aircon stopped working alltogether (wasnt great but worked) got few fuses blown, v71 flap and throttle flap all gone at the same time.

I fixed all but no luck with aircon, regassed it but no joy. took it to garage (local joe) but they had no idea whats wrong either and i was told its most likely the compressor. Since the car is old i want to do it on my own and have to be sure it is the compressor.
There is no sign of clutch engaging or disengaging when pressing econ button. Nothing happens.
Whats interesting is so many fails at the same time i only noticed because windows seemed to steam up in wet weather so figured there is something wrong

No fault codes in vcds, i set low temp and auto mode and drove couple hundred miles to record a fault but none there.

When im doing hvac output tests the coolant fan is not kicking in when prompted but when i go to next test (coolant fan control module j293) both fans spin really fast, slow down and then repeat the procedure.

I hope somebody of you can shed a little light on this, thanks in advance

Also the auxiliary heater element burnt out at the same time. I had the car scanned couple months ago and there was no above issues so i guess either they just went one by one or there is some other issue which caused aircon to stopped working.

When you scanned car did you use a Vag cable or i hear this OBD 11 is good.
Best to get scanned again as there will be faults there, or failing that maybe have a word with your local halfords , see if they have someone who understands faults and see if they can fix probs or failing that go down the expensive route Audi or the cheaper route keep researching

Reactions: 86kotek
You need to check measured values, when you turn the a/c on does the car recognise this? If it does then it’s probaly the compressor so you need to check that, if the car doesn’t recognise you’re turning the Aircon on then you need to start checking fuses and wiring and fault codes

Reactions: 86kotek
When you scanned car did you use a Vag cable or i hear this OBD 11 is good.
Best to get scanned again as there will be faults there, or failing that maybe have a word with your local halfords , see if they have someone who understands faults and see if they can fix probs or failing that go down the expensive route Audi or the cheaper route keep researching
I used VCDS and want to diagnose and fix it/learn myself instead of going to somebody, to be honest unless I will be forced to :) Thanks

You need to check measured values, when you turn the a/c on does the car recognise this? If it does then it’s probaly the compressor so you need to check that, if the car doesn’t recognise you’re turning the Aircon on then you need to start checking fuses and wiring and fault codes
The only thing I can see that change is pressure sensor goes from 40% up to 60%, but thank you for your help at least now I know where to look, I'm on right tracks anyway. Will post outcome whenever I will have more time to look at this, now I'm trying to get electric aux to work, I need it more in this weather, thank You once again

The only thing I can see that change is pressure sensor goes from 40% up to 60%, but thank you for your help at least now I know where to look, I'm on right tracks anyway. Will post outcome whenever I will have more time to look at this, now I'm trying to get electric aux to work, I need it more in this weather, thank You once again
Look forward to finding out what your findings are , please post as this will help others if they come across the same problem