advice on 08 aux port socket install in 07 hatch ?

xkieron99x

Reaction score
hi i have an 07 audi a3 hatch currently running an xcarlink aux and bluetooth setup, i'm planning to replace this with my parrot mki9100 that i got from ebay. (the xcarlink bluetooth quality is awful to say politely aswell as the mic quality for calls and finally the aux connect on the unit is dying, for anyone wanting to know my reasons for wanting to do this )

i ordered a dynamic sound harness to install my parrot without tapping into the factory harness to prevent issues in the future in case i want to swap the headunit for an RNS-e or xtrons unit, problem is that the £7.55 harness i have only allows sound through the front speakers.

A family member recently on their 08 Sportback have replaced their concert radio for a pioneer headunt and offered their headunit and aux socket port that i can use.

i know i need to swap my concert 2 to their concert 2+, i was wondering if it just a plug and play swap,
in addition any guides on how to remove the sockets and the cable running to the headunit would be grateful.

thanks

Best to have a look at the back off both the units and see if there is any major differences between them