2.0 TDI (CFFB) Shudder on Switch Off

Chrismawa

Reaction score
Had my A3 3 weeks and recently noticed it shudders/shakes quite a bit when the engine is switched off. Is this normal? Cars only got 55k on.

Get the egr valve off and cleaned aswell as the anti shudder valve and consider blanking the egr

But if he ‘deletes’ the antishudder valve wont the shuddering stay the same? Just the engine light wont be on, if its on right now.

Not the anti shudder valve (face palm) the egr valve clean them both

My previous one did that. EGR off, replaced engine mounts, replaced clutch and DMF. Turned out to be a faulty gearbox. :wtf:

Reactions: RS4B5
Hmm it doesn't do it every time either. Was hoping it wasn't going to be an EGR clean as its almost unreachable :grumpy:

Just search it it will be well documented I'm going to tackle mine this week with 250k on the clock it's about time mines different engine it's mounted longitudial not transverse sit it's better to work on the egr

I've looked and what info there is for the CFFB it states its at the back and at the bottom of the engine. The worst place they could have put it. I done my old A4s as the engine was the same layout as yours and it was a doddle. Ill just put up with it ha.

Will post a pic of how dirty mine is

Reactions: Chrismawa
Yeah i think its only possible from below as the Turbos above it. I could get a garage to do it...but im too tight :highly amused:

I'd hope your issue was fairly rare!

Hopefully as I had the gearbox hack-fixed 3 times and then couldn't bother anymore with it and sold the car waaay under market value.

Might be easier to close the EGR with a remap completely by the way.

Hopefully as I had the gearbox hack-fixed 3 times and then couldn't bother anymore with it and sold the car waaay under market value.

Might be easier to close the EGR with a remap completely by the way.

That's interesting didn't know that was possible...

The EGR can be "removed" by a remap? Do you know if that would effect the DPF regeneration process?

That's interesting didn't know that was possible...

The EGR can be "removed" by a remap? Do you know if that would effect the DPF regeneration process?

Oooh, it probably would affect it, sorry. My car was without DPF so I did not care. EGR can be permanently closed via remap indeed (at least on Bosch EDC16 ECU).

yeah i believe the MOT rules are even more strict on diesels/DPFs now.

I may just leave it for now then as I've got no lights or error codes. Most people probably wont even notice the shudder!

Try pressing the clutch in when switching off next time should rule out wether it's the DMF OR not

Depends where you mot it
Cut dpf out from each end cut the topside like a lid that opens gut all that crap out weld it back up

Still happens with clutch in so must be EGR/ASV. I'll get it cleaned at a garage at some point. Will just put up with it for now.