Camshaft over adjustment - long term

Ted Lindsay

Reaction score
Hello, so the other day, I found that my car was throwing up the DTC P0011. So my thoughts were that I had to change my chain link kit, so I bought a kit online.

And unfortunately the bolt which connected it to the exhaust cam shaft; was busted so I had to replace the cam exhaust shaft aswell.

I’ve just got it back and the CEL is still on ? With the same error: what else could it be, I thought the kit would have fixed it.

The car seems to have the same amount of power. But funnily enough the other day I did have the DTC p2149 which made my car go into limp mode, and cyldinder 1-3 misfired. Could these two be related ?

Cheers

We have no idea what your car is ? why not put in your sig so its there for the future.

We have no idea what your car is ? why not put in your sig so its there for the future.

Sorry, I actually thought my car was on my profile. I’ll add it on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apart from that i would be looking at the cam shaft position sensor first.

Well its the cheapest easiest fix if that what the problem is.

Well its the cheapest easiest fix if that what the problem is.

Hey man, I can’t actually find the sensor do you have a diagram or know where it is ?

Google it but maybe i would look at the relay as thats easiest and cheapest.

Google it but maybe i would look at the relay as thats easiest and cheapest.

I found the sensor under the left side timing. The thing is I found a new position sensor for £15 isn’t that the cheapest and not the fuel relay

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…