Next model A3

Been on my jollies...couldn't find that this has been posted if it has already then tough lol..(more info on link below)

View attachment 163433View attachment 163434

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2019-audi-a3-ar182098.html

Ha so are they recent spy shots or just a re-hash of the face lift? Looks pretty much identical. Expect the interior will be nice though - save for the touch screen shenanigans already discussed above.

I was at Audi earlier this week and they told me in the not too distant future all cars will come with all hardware options built-in as standard with Audi Connect & a SIM and basically you can enable/disable certain features as and when you want to use them and only pay while they’re being used. So rather than spec £300 for heated seats for example, you’d simply switch them on and be billed for 40p (or more likely £20 with Audi) at the end of your trip. So you only pay for what you use. I think that could work quite well as I’ve bought things in the past and never use them (electric lumbar support being one). Nice little earner for them to keep on making money beyond the original purchase too. Plus it keeps manufacturing costs down as there would be fewer model variations.

Edit: Not that any of those cost savings will be passed on to the customer of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha so are they recent spy shots or just a re-hash of the face lift? Looks pretty much identical. Expect the interior will be nice though - save for the touch screen shenanigans already discussed above.

I was at Audi earlier this week and they told me in the not too distant future all cars will come with all hardware options built-in as standard with Audi Connect & a SIM and basically you can enable/disable certain features as and when you want to use them and only pay while they’re being used. So rather than spec £300 for heated seats for example, you’d simply switch them on and be billed for 40p (or more likely £20 with Audi) at the end of your trip. So you only pay for what you use. I think that could work quite well as I’ve bought things in the past and never use them (electric lumbar support being one). Nice little earner for them to keep on making money beyond the original purchase too. Plus it keeps manufacturing costs down as there would be fewer model variations.

Edit: Not that any of those cost savings will be passed on to the customer of course.

This if it does happen it will be in conjunction with small electronic options drivers assistance guff or the stuff VCD's enables so l don't see it cutting down model line ups as there ain't that many variants no more anyways
Most options you can't pay as go... For The ones that really matter =paint, alloys seat coverings, seat types, headlights, roof types etc etc

Reactions: Kondax
Guess they're going to be calling the 2019 A3 the Facelift Mark 2..

MY 2020 = all new platform A3/S3, cars currently being built = MY 19 model year and l sure Audi will do enough new external design tweaks to make the all new car look ****** awesome especially in the higher end models..... Looking forward to seeing what they do with the saloon don't like hatches anymore.. ...

Reactions: NevMan

What a load of rubbish that would be. Load a car up with everything adding to the weight, then charge if you dare to turn something on. What happens is your kids / wife / mates switch something on (heated seats) without you noticing? You get a bill at the end of the month, or worse it automatically takes money out of your account.

I personally can't see this happening, as the base price of every car will rise, as they are stuffing it full of kit.

Reactions: KenL
Looking in detail at the dash of the new Q3 it seems to be a combination of touch screen and switches. The air-con is still controlled by rotary switch similar to to existing A3 with items related, like rear window heater, headed seats etc using push switches the same as existing. Other things like navigation and music etc controlled from at touch screen. It also seems that the lighting is controlled by push switches rather than the current rotary switch. The dials for the speedometer and rev counter seem to be electronic versions and can be in a map screen in front of the driver. Personally I think the new A3 will be very similar.

Looking in detail at the dash of the new Q3 it seems to be a combination of touch screen and switches. The air-con is still controlled by rotary switch similar to to existing A3 with items related, like rear window heater, headed seats etc using push switches the same as existing. Other things like navigation and music etc controlled from at touch screen. It also seems that the lighting is controlled by push switches rather than the current rotary switch. The dials for the speedometer and rev counter seem to be electronic versions and can be in a map screen in front of the driver. Personally I think the new A3 will be very similar.
The apples never fall far from the tree, hence most German cars age less than other brands do Vauxhall Ford.. . etc etc

I read that the new A3 dash will be inspired by the new A4, not the Q3. This makes sense as the old Q3 had a dash not dissimilar to the A1.

On a different note I priced up a new A3 at the dealers earlier this week and like for like it’s gone up by around 3k compared to what I paid in 2015. I’m seriously considering a Golf mk 7.5 GTI instead of an A3. The 2.0 is now only available as a Quattro and is virtually S3 territory as far as pricing goes. The 1.5 150ps spec’d with kit you get as standard on a GTI comes out at around 30k. The GTI starts at 28k (but needs the alloy upgrade as the standard Parker wheels are naff). Decisions decisions.

What you say makes total sense Muttley.

GTI has always been a great car (except maybe mk3/4).

I read that the new A3 dash will be inspired by the new A4, not the Q3. This makes sense as the old Q3 had a dash not dissimilar to the A1.

On a different note I priced up a new A3 at the dealers earlier this week and like for like it’s gone up by around 3k compared to what I paid in 2015. I’m seriously considering a Golf mk 7.5 GTI instead of an A3. The 2.0 is now only available as a Quattro and is virtually S3 territory as far as pricing goes. The 1.5 150ps spec’d with kit you get as standard on a GTI comes out at around 30k. The GTI starts at 28k (but needs the alloy upgrade as the standard Parker wheels are naff). Decisions decisions.

You really dont keep up with Audi car prices.... dontcha.... come on man...lol

You really dont keep up with Audi car prices.... dontcha.... come on man...lol

Ha ha. I think it may be time to say ‘kiss my ring’ to the four rings.

Reactions: KenL and Jassyo06
No more Audi A3 prices on Drive the Deal have Audi ceased factory production for new orders in advance of the new model next year?

Surely not? Thought new model was late 2019?

Yes it seems early to discontinue factory orders when there is a 9-10month wait for the new one but it's gone off their website along with the A1

It might just be that drive the deal have lost the right to sell Audi.

The A1 and A3 are still listed on the Audi UK website.

Factory production is reduced for WLTP testing. Until each and every model combination has been tested & certified, it cannot be sold.

Boohoo .... .poor Volkswagen/Audi that'll be a price hike looming for punters due to lost revenue.... Nice time to sell S3 eh. ....?

Yep, I imagine used residuals will be high for the next few months.

"Volkswagen Group has had to certify hundreds of drivetrain and option combinations at its VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat and Porsche brands. As a consequence, VW Group CEO Herbert Diess said in June that production of up to 250,000 cars could be delayed until after the summer holidays to avoid unwanted inventory". - By the looks of it NO inventory!

Not doing very well VAG

Upload 2018 8 29 7 56 41

Not doing very well VAG

View attachment 163979

Surely VW/Audi would have known about this for some time. It wasn't something announced on a Friday afternoon, and must be adhered to by Monday morning. Can see car manufacturers losing quite a lot of money over this. Dealerships are going to be hit very hard too.

But TBH, car manufacturers only have themselves to blame by cheating official figures in the first place.

Reactions: KenL, loftylad and TYb
Surely VW/Audi would have known about this for some time. It wasn't something announced on a Friday afternoon, and must be adhered to by Monday morning. Can see car manufacturers losing quite a lot of money over this. Dealerships are going to be hit very hard too.

But TBH, car manufacturers only have themselves to blame by cheating official figures in the first place.
I’d agree sounds like poor planning on Audi’s part to be honest, let’s hope for anyone looking at changing cars in the next couple of months it has a positive impact on their values, although saying that if the car they are moving into is also affected it may mean the price of that car goes up too!

I'd be amazed if all this has a positive effect on residual values for the following:
1) The A3/S3 is a mass produced car with lots available, the nickability of the car does not do it any favours either
2) The new model is coming, its in the motoring press / internet etc

Reactions: KenL
What an absolute cluster **** !

As has been said, this WLTP **** didn't just arrive out of the blue. They've known about it for years.

Audi don't give a **** about their customers.

3 months since "ordering" and I don't have a clue about when (or even IF) I'm going to get the car I ordered. **** poor on every level.

Reactions: KenL, Mythos and NevMan
I suspect the other VAG brands have taken priority over the test facilities as they need to shift the numbers to make profits, whereas Audi make higher margins on smaller volumes. Typical Audi customers are also less likely to jump ship to Ford, Renault etc whereas SEAT, Skoda and maybe VW customers possibly might.

Reactions: Pook, NevMan and loftylad

The 7.5 Golf GTi with Performance Pack and the optional 19" alloys looks stuninng IMO.
I often consider this car is a perfect all round package and at a good price point.

2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI Hatch White 1200x800p 1

Reactions: Jimbob76, Pook, KenL and 4 others
ALWAYS been a golf fan, having owned a few in my time :icon thumright: That does look good @Snake Pliskin

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The 7.5 Golf GTi with Performance Pack and the optional 19" alloys looks stuninng IMO.
I often consider this car is a perfect all round package and at a good price point.

View attachment 163992
I think Golf’s are great and the GTI is a great all rounder not to mention with VW there’s loads of standard spec you don’t get on Audi’s! However, I always think the problem with the GTI is that the R isn’t that much more expensive with the residuals and discounts you can get.

The real problem with the Golf is they're pulling the GTI due to WLTP and won't bother until the next gen comes out. According to Autocar at least. Bonkers move.

View attachment 163992

That is exactly what I was thinking of replacing the A3 with. A3 1.5 Black Edition or Golf GTI Performance Pack for the same price...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
The real problem with the Golf is they're pulling the GTI due to WLTP and won't bother until the next gen comes out. According to Autocar at least. Bonkers move.

Already pulled. Performance Pack model is still available and that’s the one most people want anyway.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Bells and NevMan
That is exactly what I was thinking of replacing the A3 with. A3 1.5 Black Edition or Golf GTI Performance Pack for the same price...

now that you put it like that....definitely food for thought

That is a total none brainer isn't it :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bells and NevMan
Already pulled. Performance Pack model is still available and that’s the one most people want anyway.

now that you put it like that....definitely food for thought

The performance pack ups the BHP to around 240 / 245 I think with 0 to 62 mph in 6 seconds which is plenty fast enough (and fun) !
Yes I know there is a case for the R version but that adds weight so is less nimble whereas the GTi will be more playful extracting the power not to mention significantly more economical.
Audi don't do a rival to the GTi - the best you can get is an A3 S Line and that just doesn't carry the same sporty feel does it.
Really nice looking car the 7.5 Golf and the GTi has certainly caught my eye.
If I were looking to change right now this minute it is certainly a car I would consider - I think it would be a great car to own for 2 to 3 years.

Reactions: NevMan and TYb

View attachment 163992

I really considered going for a golf as you tend to get more for your money, perhaps because of the lack of bling factor behind the badge. Having owned one golf I can say they're great cars and I'd definitely consider a GTI in the future. Especially since you can get it in 3dr which is more than you can say about the A3.

I really considered going for a golf as you tend to get more for your money, perhaps because of the lack of bling factor behind the badge. Having owned one golf I can say they're great cars and I'd definitely consider a GTI in the future. Especially since you can get it in 3dr which is more than you can say about the A3.
move quickly, as think 3 door golf will probably be stopping if not already