Window Motor Part Number Help

strada

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the letter at the end of the main number made a difference?

I need a replacement Driver's side front Electric Window Motor for my 2008 A3 Sportback and it has 801K on the label on the part. There are plenty available, but none are 801K. There is 801A, 801H, 801M and others. I guess that relates to build date, but are they all the same or different?

Many Thanks

The letter just means a superseded part

Great, thanks.

And can anyone confirm that the Late-2008 facelift part is the same as the earlier part? I can see a few available with the letter M at the end, but they're advertised as 08-12 or 08-13 A3.

Cheers

Great, thanks.

And can anyone confirm that the Late-2008 facelift part is the same as the earlier part? I can see a few available with the letter M at the end, but they're advertised as 08-12 or 08-13 A3.

Cheers
It's worth asking the parts request section as they could give you the exact part number for your reg and can price for you if you wish

Great, thanks.

Cheers

Whats your reg and I can check tonight for you what the latest one is for your VIN.

Is it the motor or the actual module that's gone wrong, the motors are the same, the whole unit comes in 2 parts & can be seperated.

K is facelift so if you need the module, it needs to be a K, J or M, latter 2 being highline.

May need coding changes to suit your door features.

I’ve managed to pick up a K now. Just waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for all your help.

It’s the module that has gone. I took the metal motor part out and connected it up to a power source and it still spun in both directions. Power is going to it, it clicks when you press the switch, but no action.