A3 8P 140 Brake light always on and glow plug light flashing

Natal

Sunsets
Reaction score
My 2006 A3 2li tdi suddenly had the glow plug light flashing when the ignition is switched on and continues to flash with the engine running. At the same time the Brake lights are also on with the ignition switched and with the engine running.
I have read a few forum posts which suggested it could be a Fuse or the Brake Light Switch so I checked the brake light fuses (inside the car and under the bonnet) they look fine so fitted a new brake light switch. Problem still there. I also replaced the central brake light cluster (LED) in the boot lid. Problem is still there.
I plugged in a reader and there are no Stored Codes, I reset the codes anyway. Both the brake light and the glow plug light went out briefly and then came on again.
I am at a loss. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how to fix it? I fear taking it to a VAG garage will only result in false information and a lot of unnecessary costs.

Try putting this into google ( audi-sport.net/glow plug light flashing)

I have fitted new duo sensor for esp light , new steering angle sensor , new brake light switch ....

The brake lights stay on even if car Is off .
The esp light still on .

Have plugged into read codes ...

2EC54774 377C 4B64 9265 A44E1713C36A

Taken an educated guess i would say something has not been coded incorrectly when it says ( no or wrong adaptation ). Best get someone with the Vcd's knowledge to look at it.
Plus best get it scanned using a ross tech cable or OBD Eleven

Calibrate the steering angle sensor you'll find it also talk to the abs module...=)

Calibrate the steering angle sensor you'll find it also talk to the abs module...=)

Thanks ...any ideas how ?
I have replaced sensors as mentioned before , unfortunately the car is not even responding to the key now.
I can unlock car , use lights , radio, fans but the ignition does nothing ...no lights on cluster .
Does anyone know of anyone with VAG COM that is mobile in the south east ?
Or anyone come across these problems before that could enlighten me would be appreciated. Thanks