Removing the Bose Audipilot mic

A789

Reaction score
I want to remove the Bose audiopilot mic but i'm not sure exactly where it is and how to get to it, I dont want to end up removing the hands free mic by accident. I know this has been discussed before but all the photos in those threads are down. Would appreciate it if someone could help me out, I know its somewhere in the overhead console.

I tried removing the mic and also replacing it with an updated version but it still didn't solve the random low speed volume issues. It seems the only way is to cut the wires to the audio pilot system which I think is located in the boot area. I have a pdf somewhere on this.

I tried removing the mic and also replacing it with an updated version but it still didn't solve the random low speed volume issues. It seems the only way is to cut the wires to the audio pilot system which I think is located in the boot area. I have a pdf somewhere on this.
I thought removing the mic would stop audiopilot from working? how else would it determine if theres any ambient sound
I don't want to play around with the amplifier tbh

I tried to remove it today and ended up removing the bluetooth mic (one with the green wire) lol smh, need to reattach it

Can someone tell me where it should be because I cant find it

299171075.jpg

Here's the part #
iovq3740-jpg.120209
thanks but I couldn't find it, guessing its behind the black plastic part on the left of the pic in the 5th post, ill have to check again tomorrow

Old thread but may help others down the line, removing the mic does stop the bose sound going up/down with ambient noise. Other system works on speed, bose off volume in cabin. Removing this part will give you a few soft beeps when entering car and starting up. But it does stop the volume going up/down with cabin noise.

Part to remove, under the larger plastic housing of what look like alarm sensors
FHBhJ2dl.jpg

PMsHRyDl.jpg

to disable the Bose audio pilot follow these steps
Step 1

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 245
Nice one cozzie, I never got around to doing a little write up

Took me ages to find the part (sell for about £30/£40). The bleeps just indicate a fault with the audio pilot , of course down to having no mic plugged in. But I am finding it much less annoying , certainly with the miltek exhaust. Slightest throttle up the volume went, back off the gas and down it dropped. The only way which was not convenient, having volume loud enough to start with!