Retrofitting Bluetooth on a A3 Cabriolet with Bose - Mic problem

G

gavmoir

Hi,
I'm a newbie to audi-sport.net so please be gentle...

I have a 2009MY A3 Cabriolet 2.0T S-Line and am retrofitting the Audi Bluetooth module (8P0 862 335 F).

The car is already fitted with the Bose speakers (factory fitted).

I have discovered that the car already has a microphone fitted (8J8 035 711) but I'm not sure what it is connected to...
IMG 2884
Interestingly the factory fitted mic has a double connector (ie space for 4 wires) but only has two wires leading to it (see green circle in pic below).

I understand that it is possible to run a double mic set up - I assume that this is for cars with both Bluetooth and Bose. The light/mic/alarm sensor panel clearly has two spaces for mics (see red circles in the pic below)...

Photo

I have tested the set up with the secondhand mic that came with the Bluetooth module and it works, but with terrible sound quality. I suspect that the mic came out of an A4, not an A3 Cabriolet.
IMG 2885
I assume that I need to go for a different mic (or mics) but having Googled the subject, I'm baffled by the myriad of Audi mic options.

Can anyone shed light on which mic set up I need and how to wire it properly? ie "What mic for A3 Cabriolet with Bose and Bluetooth and how to fit it"

Thanks in advance.

Mic's sensitivity setting can be changed using VCDS

Mic's sensitivity setting can be changed using VCDS

Thanks for the reply. Since the rectangular mic that was supplied with the secondhand bluetooth module doesn't fit, I'm keen to get the one that does (ie cylindrical). But which one do I need?

Is it another single mic, or do i replace the other mic too (assumed its a mic for the Bose), with a double mic setup?

This one (Part number = ?????)...
Images
or this one (Part number = 8J1 035 711 A)...
T2eC16RzQE9s3ssNzFBRcchrSoQ60 12